The Plantation of Bombs

Zacznij od początku

When Brielle finally stepped into the ring, The female had paled a little in the face but she had positioned herself opposite Brielle, eyes tracking every slight movement of the Commander.

The air around the ring buzzed in excitement, Fae female fights were always brutal, but a fight involving a Commander from Maeve's Cadre. The group rippled in anticipation with the knowledge.

The female moved first, easy enough she raised a fist to throw a hefty punch at Brielle's face, The commander kept her feet planted firmly in place, dodging to the other side to avoid the blow, which surely would have her head pounding if it had contacted. 

Grabbing her by the arm, and shifting one foot Brielle tripped up and threw the female's weight against her, allowing the body to hit the ground with a thud that knocked the air from her lungs. 

Brielle moved away, using a small tendril of her magic to force the females lungs back into action, the growing crowd began to fidget at the tang of magic in the air,  eyes tracking Brielle.

Turning her back to the other female, Brielle's ear twitched at the sound of her grunting, raising from the ground, pivoting at the sound of footsteps racing at her, Brielle ducked down dropping to a crouch, swirling her legs around the female jumped high, avoiding the swipe. Driving her own leg up, Brielle tucked her body in tight and rolled forwards, away just as the females foot slammed down where her leg had previously been.

Jumping it, Brielle had less then a second before the younger female was upon her once more, the heel of her palm flying up into the bridge of Brielle's nose. Her upper lip warmed with blood, eyes burning with tears. 

Brielle stumbled back wiping away at the blood quickly with the back of her hand, the crowd shifted away when Brielle stopped shy of the sandbags, the female was relentless, 

Driving another fist towards Brielle's face, the Commander swung with an arm, dodging the blow. Brielle packed her whole weight behind her own punch, pummeling it straight for her opponent's diaphragm, with her own momentum the female couldn't stop herself as she landed straight onto the Commander's fist. 

She reeled back as quickly as she could, Brielle followed, not using her magic this time to refill her lungs that spasmed under the force of Brielle's previous punch, Brielle drove a fist to clock the side of her temple, the female ducked just as Brielle had: copying her moves, only to land herself in the space of Brielle's rising knee.

The female curled at the force in her abdomen, following her own weight she abandoned her position in the ring, backtracking her steps until she was behind the safety of the sandbag, panting for breath and clutching her chest she fell into the awaiting arms of the soldiers there.

Brielle swiped away at her upper lip, spitting out the blood that had drooled into her mouth, allowing the power in her to expand out, gifting air back to the female by soothing the spasming in her chest.

The group was silent, not cheering for this victory. When Brielle moved to regather her blade, they moved  away  from her.

Once Brielle had collected her belongings, she turned to face the female who had now straightened, face red with frustration, "This city was running fine whilst you were all galivanting around the world with a traitor Queen" she spat, 

Brielle watched, wordlessly moving closer, allowing her magic to coil around her, the surrounding warriors shied back, sensing it, "You fight well. Learn fast, I like you." 

The female tried to mask her shock behind her anger, Brielle smiled once, then turned to leave. The group parting for her as she went.

It was the same as she traversed the paths of the camp, more warriors lingered. The whispers of her presence in the camp have spread around by now, Brielle was at the outer fringe of the tents when two figures stopped her in place.