𝚃𝚑𝚎 𝙿𝚎𝚛𝚜𝚞𝚊𝚜𝚒𝚘𝚗 𝚘𝚏 𝚊 𝚂𝚠𝚘𝚛𝚍

Iron clashed against Iron as Brielle flung herself into the art of training, the blades cracking like thunder in the dry hot training room. Pushing her body into the twin set of swords she wielded, each well balanced to fit her hands and hers alone, planting a back foot to the floor Brielle propelled herself at the tall warrior in front of her.

Lorcan shifted to avoid her attack leaning onto his back foot, Brielle giving a roar of frustration, threw her blade upwards, it caught the underside of Lorcan's arm as he lifted it out the way, a hissed of pain let loose through tightly clamped teeth was the only indication that the wound cause him any sort of pain.

In response Lorcan swung his hatchet down at her body, the Fae female darted out of his sight before he could blink. Leaving Lorcan only seconds before she would be upon him once more.

Brielle lurked behind the wall of muscle, ducking as the tall demi-Fae blindly swung an arm out behind him when he spun to meet her, the hatchet he held promising pain as it sailed downward through the air. Criss crossing her blades, each braced along the edges of her forearm, the hatchet vibrated her bones as the weapons met head on, sparks flying in response to the collision.

The male pushed harder into where their weapons had locked together. Throwing his weight and a little stream of his magic into trying to outweigh her into submitting. This was a usual for their training sessions, fight until they yielded or their bodies failed them, often it would be the latter reason. Never submission. 

Brielle could feel the tang of Lorcan's magic as it emanated from his skin, the darkness packing strength behind the hatchet. She felt the eyes of the others on them as they stopped to watch, no doubt feeling the thrum of the males magic as well.

She tutted through her teeth, smiling at Lorcan, the male glowered at her in return. If he wanted to weigh this fight in his favour she was simply going to level the playing field. So Brielle did the one thing she knew how to do best. 

Lorcan dropped his end of the locked in pressure between their blades, his dark eyes widened, trying to take in everything. He chuckled, a sound which Brielle often did not hear from the large male. The noise almost sounded forced coming from him, it was deep and came from within his chest.

"I thought we all agreed not to use magic" Brielle smiled as she dropped into a crouch, watching his knuckles grow white with pressure as he gripped the leather bound handle of his hatchet.

"Oh but Lorcan..." she dragged, a pause for a second, staying low she crawled so she was off to his left, his head slightly inclined in her direction "I wasn't the one who broke that rule first now was I?" he chuckled again, this time the noise sounded hollow, with none of the usually associated joy within it.

"Taking away my sight will not hinder my ability to beat you in a fight" he circled, nose twitching as he tried to trace where she was, unbeknownst to him she had already moved. 

Fenrys, Gavriel and Connall all watched from the side, smirking as Brielle began to rise from where she was crouched into her haunches.

"Oh we shall see about that" she whispered, Lorcan spun to face her directly, a quick step towards her and he was swinging out an arm, hatchet flying. Brielle looped under his limb, behind him now she drove an elbow back into the softer tissue between his shoulder blades. 

Lorcan lurched forwards a heart beat before he was upon her once more, Brielle dodged each of his assaults as if she were merely dancing at a grand party. But at last all dances must come to an end.

 Pivoting around on her left shoulder Brielle had no time to even blink as Lorcan's free hand grabbed the back of her training shirt, sacrificing a blade to the floor, Brielle reached over her right shoulder with her now free hand, grabbing his she swung in one fluid movement under the grip so she was facing him. He couldn't see her but Lorcan's expression was a fierce set in its resting position, as though his vison still remined with him.