Hearts Be Sold

Enola didn't require more then a second to react as Brielle moved forward, wrapping her spy up in a hug that popped a bubble in her spine, Brielle knew they didn't have long, Connall giving her a much time as possible, so Brielle pulled away after a few seconds.

She stayed holding onto Enola's arms, the female lightly coloured hair, which matched the feathers of her owl form was silken smooth and long, hanging loosely over her shoulders.

"I need you to gather information for me"

Enola's smile met her eyes, beaming widely, "I thought you'd never ask." She too kept grip of Brielle's forearm, eyes wild with a fire of excitement and relief,

"I need you to listen, find out if Maeve knows any other fire wielder's within the world." Brielle sighed heavily, "I don't want to turn to Bronwyn unless I have to."

Enola frowned, "You thinking about world walking to find help?"

Brielle could have chewed up the inside of her own mouth in thought, "I don't know if it would work, but If Aelin needs me to. I'll go." Enola's expression shifted uneasily at the thought, "I don't believe anything good ever comes from world walking." Unease coiled in her gut, The same it had when Baba Yellowlegs had found her in that mountain pass almost a decade ago.

"Yeah well. We need more fire." Brielle had not been able to fall sleep whilst thinking of Aelin's request. If anyone could find a hidden Fire wielder, it would be the Pride. Through any means necessary. "I want it to be a last resort." Going to Isaiah's mate for help, should be their last resort.

A quirk of curiosity shied its way into Enola's expression, "Have you heard much from my brother?" Brielle's thoughts wandered to her twin brother, the almost polar opposite to his sister, The Lord and the Messenger had always been a continent apart, for centuries. Brielle had been unable to unite them, but connect them and communicate for them: She could do.

"Last I heard he was wandering close to Terrasen's southern borders. Stirring up a rebellion there no doubt."

Enola finally nodded, moving to go back towards the window when the conversation shifted,

"I also need you to take this" Brielle reached into a drawer at the desk, Enola extended a hand to take it,

"You know what to do with it."

Enola flipped it, seeing the Lioness' paw print on the other side of the envelope she nodded. She turned for the window, exhaling deeply into the cool breeze blowing in from outside. Before a flash of light consumed the room, the owl hovered beating its wings to stay steady in the air.

Brielle met her eyes, "Stay safe."

Enola's eyes narrow, snapping her beak once, as though to remind Brielle that she had gotten this far, with a couple beats of her wings, Enola dropped from the window, letting the updraft of wind catch her wings, driving herself into a dive when she tucked them to her side. Her small body vanishing in the shadow that crested the side of the building.

Brielle pulled the window shut, Enola could take care of herself. Her brother more so. She turned back towards the bed in the middle of her room.

She would spend the next few hours sieving through reports from the coastal fight at the Marshes. It was vital, she knew it in her bones, but she was yet to find something that could give her leverage.

She got through one paper before Connall appeared once more, shutting the door softly behind him. Brielle sat up from her place on the floor, moving the papers around from her lap.

"Did she suspect anything?"

Connall dropped to the ground beside her, taking up more space as he outstretched his legs. Fucking Fae males and their height.