IX: Uninvited Guests

Začít od začátku

"Go on or do you want me to tuck you in?" He slowly stood up from the couch and made his way to my bed, good thing Noelle kept my bed clean and neat everyday.

"What?" He asked, shyly. Maybe he caught me looking at him as he hid his face on the covers. I can make him use another room but it isn't safe. This is the only room that Emyr can't enter as he wishes to so it's safer here.

Oh, I got a problem.

Emyr cannot enter my room freely but Caspian can.
It totally escaped my mind. It's not that I can ask Derek to not let Caspian enter my room, he would be too suspicious.

"Sister, Good—" speaking of the devil. I looked at Luca, who is now peacefully sleeping beneath my covers back to Caspian who's staring at me.

"Who's that?" He asked. I quickly stood up and walked towards Caspian. I tried blocking his view to my bed but he kept on peeking.

"Is he.... Is he your husband?" He exclaimed, his ears and cheeks are both red from embarrassment as if he has witnessed something he wasn't supposed to.

"No, what do you mean husband?" I asked, this kid, just like Emyr has no chill.

"He's sleeping on your bed!" he shouted, I quickly put my hands onto his mouth to shut him up. He shouldn't make a scene, maids and knights patrolling outside might hear it.

"I need you to stay quiet, you'll wake him up." I said, Caspian tried to wiggle his way out of my grasp but I am stronger than him. He put his hands up as a sign of defeat so I let go of him and he sat on the couch, eyeing the sleeping stranger in my bed.

"I need an explanation, sister." He said. He looks and sound a lot more like Emyr now than the usual cute and bubbly Caspian I know.

"I found him in the forest, he's injured so I took him home." I said and offered him some of the left over cookies which he accepted right away.

"What are you doing in the forest?" He seemed puzzled as the three of us, children of the Duke never went out of the manor without the Duke's permission.

"It doesn't matter. Don't tell anyone about this, especially father and Emyr." I said and offered my pinky for a pinky promise which he accepted with pure hesitation.

"He can stay in my room, though." Caspian offered.  I just shook my head. Thank goodness that this kid is soft hearted.

Caspian stayed in my room for hours, according to him, me being alone in a room with a boy is not okay so he stayed in my room.

As if I'd do something?

"Don't you have class Cas?" I asked, trying to make the kid leave. I wanted to sleep too, even if it's on the couch.

"I don't have to go, sister. Stop making me leave." Caspian grew up with intelligent. Well, if we'll follow the original plot, he'll be the most excellent scholar in the future so I know tricking him won't work.

"Look, Cas. I want to sleep. Your sister is tired." I explained. He went wide-eyed as he stared right into my soul.

"You'll sleep with him?" He exclaimed, making Noelle enter my room with worry.

"No, My lady. You cannot!" She said and held my hand.

"Tell her it's not okay, Noelle!" Caspian said, urging Noelle to held on to me tighter.

"I'll sleep here on the couch." I said. Both of them looked away. Noelle let go of my hand and stand behind the couch where Caspian is sitting.

"Happy now, Cas?" I rolled my eyes. Where did my cute angel brother go? Why do I have two Emyr now?