Chapter 195 - 196 - 197

Chapter 195

The filming schedule for "Owl City Chronicles" was finally completed within three days. After filming the last scene where Wei Xianliang committed suicide, the director took the initiative to take Cheng Zhi and Kang Chen out for dinner.

Cheng Zhi originally thought that he was a foil. After all, the main purpose of the director's hosting was to thank Kang Chen, a legendary superstar who produced five movies a year and rarely participated in other activities, for giving him the honor to come and guest star.

Cheng Zhi, as a newcomer partner who was lucky enough to work with Kang Chen, was just here to go through the motions.

Unexpectedly, halfway through the meal, the director seriously called him aside, praised him a few words, gave him a business card and said with a smile: "Please contact this person, he is a foreign director, and I am quite familiar with him recently. If you are looking for an Eastern face suitable to star in a movie, you can check out his works. If you are interested, I suggest you give it a try."

During private dinners, directors often recommend starring opportunities to actors they value.

Most of the connections in the entertainment industry are connected little by little. Cheng Zhi originally starred in "Night Breeze" because the screenwriter Hou Junmei recommended him. However, after only three days of meeting, he was able to get guidance from the director who had just met him. Cheng Zhi was surprised. , thanked him several times in a row.

The director acted calmly and just waved his hand casually and stopped continuing the topic.

He turned to Kang Chen and said, "I actually have something I want to discuss with you. As you know, "Owl City Chronicles" is scheduled to be released in early March. It will be completed during this period. There are two costume-type movies in the same period. Movie, why don't you come over once?"

The director's words were a bit cryptic, but how could the other two people not understand what he meant?

This is hoping to use Kang Chen's fame to promote it. Since Kang Chen himself is deeply rooted in the circle, even if they are a director and an actor, they have to ask Kang Chen in advance if they want to promote it.

Kang Chen smiled and said, "Yes, I can help if needed."

After receiving the easy answer, the director smiled happily. He waved his hand and chatted with Kang Chen for several more words. The meal was quickly shortened. After eating and drinking well, Cheng Zhi and Kang Chen left.

The director only knew that Cheng Zhishun and Kang Chenshun took the same taxi to the airport, but he didn't know that Kang Chen and Cheng Zhishun not only took this taxi, but also took the plane back, the male assistant who accompanied them, and the sleeping couple. bed!

On the way, Cheng Zhi lazily joked: "You are so proud, the director has to ask you specifically for promotion."

"That propaganda of his is no ordinary propaganda."

Cheng Zhi asked curiously: "How can the promotion be different from ordinary?" While asking back, he found the business card the director just gave him and said with a smile: "But the director also specially gave me the opportunity to recommend it, which is really interesting."