13. puzzled feelings

Start from the beginning

*******

Samaira kept looking at Sheryaar suspiciously as he drove the car. He stops the car at a clothing store. They get out of the car.
"How many?" Sheryaar asked as they entered the store.
"150 will do." Sheryaar nods.
"Just don't buy all of them in the same color."
"Which colors?" Sheryaar asked, looking around the store.
"First, select a jacket then we will talk about the colors."
"I like this one." Sheryaar pointed to one of the jackets.
"It's nice," Samaira replied, picking it up.
"Can I know in what colours this jacket is available?" Sheryaar asked the staff.
"Five."
"So we will buy them in all colours in equal numbers. 150 divided by five is?" Samaira thought as she tried to calculate.
"30." Sheryaar quickly replied.
"Huh, mama's boy who's perfect at everything," Samaira says, rolling her eyes at him.
"That's basic." Samaira sarcastically nods.

******

Rida and Sadia looked at each other awkwardly as everyone sat down for lunch.
Rushda starts serving herself as she observes them.
"What happened to you guys?" She asked.
They glanced at each other before they shook their head in denial.
"What work you had from Rida?" Rushda asks as she starts having her food.
"Rushda, silently have your food," Saleha says before Rida or Sadia can answer. Rushda gets annoyed.

*****

Sheryaar and Samaira get out of the car parked in front of the Sunshine Orphan Home. They walked into the building, carrying the shopping bags.

The kids screamed in joy and ran to them as they entered the hall. Samaira took out all the jackets while Sheryaar carried a few kids around.
"See, choose a jacket of a colour you like, and check your sizes," Samaira announces to the kids. Sheryaar let down the kids and watched them choose a jacket.

Samaira smiled as she watched the kids discuss their new jackets. She looked at Sheryaar who was standing beside her. He looked at the kids admiringly. He looks at her as he feels her gaze on him.
"You know, I'm not sure of what I might look like in ten years or how much I might have made it in my career but I'm pretty sure about the fact that even after ten years I would be here, with my wife, and probably my kids too, my kids playing with the kids here," Sheryaar said as he looked at the kids.
Samaira tried to control her smile as she recalled Adil's words.

*****

Saad walks in from the opened gate to see Sadia walking around in the lawn, in some deep thought. Sadia feels the presence of a person and looks at him.
"You? Here? At this hour?" Sadia asks curiously, walking to him.
"We're going home. Our home." Sadia looks at him confusedly.
"I bought our first home, Sadia," Saad said as he took out keys from his pocket. Sadia tears up, "What?"
She asked in a low voice. "Yes," he replied, pulling her into a hug. "Where's it? Location?" She asks, parting.
"Victoire Terminal," he replied with a small smile, as he gently wiped her tears.
"What? Where did you get the money from?" She asked shocked.
"Wow. Definitely not the reaction I was expecting, Sadia."
"I'm serious."
"I had saved up, like for emergency."
"This was not an emergency, and buying an EXPENSIVE house was definitely not."
"Fine, you stay here. Me and Mamma will live peacefully." He said dramatically.
"Okay, don't be dramatic, I'm coming," Sadia said, in her low excited voice.
"Go." Saad smiled, as he followed Sadia who excitedly ran in.

*****

Tired Sheryaar lay down on the bed after his long yet a happening day. He checked his phone and found a new text from Rida.
'She asked you to shut up.'
He chuckled as he read it. He kept the phone on his stomach without texting back. He looked at the ceiling as he thought of her.
'There were different kinds of feelings when I thought of her. I'm sure that I have never felt this before. Those eyes. Those eyes had a spark that lit my soul. My heart was drowned in her eyes. The way the whole world seemed to be paused when my eyes met hers, it all begins with her eyes. I wanted to see her, again. For once, at least.'