Prologue - Scars

(Y/N) - Your Name

(L/N) - Last name

(Y/A) - Your animal

(F/C) - Fur/Feather colours

(E/C) - Eye colour

(C/C) - Colour of your choice

For this story you will identify as female (to make it easier for me to write), however feel free to change this to whatever you feel (I'll try to mention gender as little as possible) :)

I'm also going to assume you have fur, a tail, and ears, for simplicity and so the story is consistent. Obviously, change as needed.

-----

Adrenaline rushed through your veins, your body feeling numb. It was all too bright. Everywhere you looked your eyes stung from the scorching light. Your ears flattened in fear as your tail kept tucked between your legs, you felt the world spin as you desperately searched for an escape. The fire crackled with delight, gladly eating up everything that dared cross it. Smoke blinded your eyes and filled your lungs. Coughing, you cried out for your parents, praying for a reply. When none came your heart fell heavy. Your limbs began to shake from the lack of oxygen, your body collapsing onto the ground with a thud. Wheezing in any air you lungs could find, you closed your sore eyes, waiting for fate to consume you.

The snap of the raging fire fell onto deaf ears, your body feeling light and empty. Pulling your arms closer to your body, you felt at peace. Everything would be over. No more war. Fear. Death. Ugly men creating new dumb laws. It was all over.

But you felt something was wrong with that.

A rebellious part wanting to ignore this destiny.

The stubbornness of your heart and soul wanting to fight. And so you did.

With a last wind, your eyes shot open, instantly identifying an escape between the orange flames. Shaky hands pushed you onto shaky feet, but you refused to fall. Trudging forwards, every step felt heavier than the last. You could feel the flames lick at your fur, scorching the ends black. But you were too determined on surviving that you didnt notice. Making it to your destination, you leaned heavily against the last standing wall. Regaining a small amount of energy, you hauled yourself through a broken window. Glass stuck into your skin, leaving a trail of blood on the window frame and cement floor of the outside. Once you managed to get your full self through the window, you forced your body to limp a few metres forward, away from the fire.

As soon as you were a safe distance away, you crumbled to your hands and knees. Hacking up your lungs, you felt everything become hazy. A loud ringing sung in your ears. Continuing to cough, your blurred vision gazed over at the blaze. You attempted to call upon your family again but your chest never gave you a moment.

Tears poured down your face the longer you stared at the flames. The house, your home, quickly turned to nothing more than fire wood. Your family burning with it. Leaning back onto your knees, your arms wrapped around your oddly cold self as your form glowed orange from the fire.

You could hear it.

Their screams.

It echoed from the fire. The blaze alive with their voices.

Your hoarse lungs stung as you screamed, sobbing. Your body shook from trauma, your heart aching. You felt nothing but anguish. They were gone. Leaving you to survive in a world of death.

"Survivor found. Survivor found. Rebels must all die," a mechanic voice alerted. Tearing your eyes away from the blaze, dread settled into your blood. Eggforcers slowly began to approach you, weapons engaged. They blank, emotionless eyes staring down at you, burning into your already burnt skin. Heaving yourself to your feet, you took a step back as they continued to approach at a steady pace.