Chapter 53

I wriggled my fingers, it hurt and I felt blood running between them. I'd been tied up in this chair for days, the only time I got up was to use the toilet and even then I had to beg.
"I need the toilet." I said.
"Fuck." Carlos snapped. "Not again."
"I can't help it."
"All you do is go to the toilet."
Suddenly the front door slammed.
"Carlos." Kate screamed, stomping in to the room we were in.
"Kate." He said quietly.
"What is she still doing here?" She screeched.
"The time isn't right." Carlos told her.
"Bullshit, the time is perfect." She took a step towards him. "Do it. I want it done, I want her dead. Now. Got it?"
"Fine."
"Good, now." She said smiling at me. "I have to get back to Matt, he needs me."
That bitch, I wanted to rip her face off.
She turned and strutted back out, slamming the door.
I looked at Carlos. "Please tell me you're not sleeping with her?"
"Shutup." He snapped.
"She'll sleep with anyone." I went on. "She's a slut."
"Shutup."
"You deserve better." I lied, he deserved nothing.
He walked over, releasing the ropes around my ankles, then my hands. "Toilet." He said pulling me to my feet.
I wriggled my fingers while he marched me to the toilet, trying to get the blood back into him.
At least he left me alone in the toilet. I had thought about making a run for it but I had no idea where I was and I highly doubted I could outrun Carlos anyway.
I used the toilet then used the basin, washing my face. I had a black eye, but it didn't look too bad. I put my hands under the faucet, wincing, my wrists were raw and the water stung, causing them to bleed again. I dried them carefully with a towel, shaking because of the pain and shaking because I hadn't eaten much for several days.
Carlos was standing at the door when I opened it and he led me back to the chair, tying up my ankles then I blinked back tears as he started on my wrists.
"You know she slept with my boyfriend." I told him.
He hesitated.
"Cheated on her boyfriend with mine."
He didn't reply but went back to my wrists.
"So now I'm engaged to her ex boyfriend and she's pissed."
"I know about that." He said.
"What right does she have to be pissed at me for that, she's the one who ruined it."
I heard him stand up.
"And now she's sleeping with Zack." I said quickly.
"What?" He asked.
"Well yes, she's a liar Carlos, and a cheat."
"She wants me to kill you for her."
I closed my eye's, I figured as much.
He walked out of the room and I wasn't sure where he went.
God I missed Matt and I would give anything to be with him.
"Carlos." I yelled.
He walked back into the room, carrying a gun.
Fuck.
"Carlos, I need the toilet again." I wasn't lying, I really did, what the fuck was wrong with me?
"Gabby." He said exasperated. "Seriously?"
I nodded.
"I can't take you." He said raising the gun.
"Carlos, please don't kill me." I begged.
Holy crap, I was going to wet my pants.
"I'm sorry." He said, lowering the gun.
"Please." I begged, now I was crying.
"Honestly Gabby, I am really sorry."
I looked at him as he raised the gun, he was shaking and I looked him in the eyes, he shook his head.
I looked at the gun. I was going to die and I would never see Matt again.
"It will be okay Gabby." He whispered. "And I'm truly sorry."
I didn't hear a sound, I thought I'd hear a gunshot but I heard nothing except the explosion of pain in my head.
Is this what it was to be dead?