Chapter 29

Matt's POV 

I was a fucking idiot. I cannot believe I said what I did to Brian. 'You fucked mine', what was wrong with me.

I glanced over at Gabby. She was staring out the window while I drove. She looked like she was thinking and I had a pretty good idea what she was thinking about.
You fucking idiot, I told myself over and over again. I'd fucked up, I just had to look at Gabby's face to know I'd fucked up.

I reached over and grabbed her hand and squeezed it gently. I needed to fix this. Now she thought I was doing this as payback. Fuck.

I looked at her, staring out the window. I was crazy about her and I needed to fix this, there was no way I was letting Gabby get away, I wanted her in my life and I wanted her to stay in my life.

"So do you want to do something?" I asked her. We'd left Zacks early.

"Not really." She said still staring out of the window.

Great.

"What about dinner?"

She shrugged. "I'm not hungry."

Fucking just great.

I pulled up at home and Gabby got out, walking to the door. I watched her for a moment before following. I unlocked the door and let us both in. Gabby walked in, putting her bag on the side table and heading for the kitchen.

I watched her, then followed. She was standing at the fridge with the door open, just staring.

That was it. I walked up behind her and put my arm's around her waist, kissing her cheek.

"Looking for anything in particular?" I murmured in her ear.

"Not really." She said leaning back against me.

"So now everybody knows." I said, kissing the top of her head.

"They do." She replied, turning around to face me.

I took her face in my hands and kissed her softly. "Does that bother you?"

"No." She whispered. "Does it bother you?"

"Not at all. I'm glad." I kissed her nose. "Now maybe Brian will leave you alone."

"Maybe."

"He better fucking leave you alone." I said, pulling her closer.

"And why is that?" She asked putting her hands on my chest.

"Because your mine."

"Is that right?" She said smiling.

"Yes." I whispered kissing her.

I felt her smile against my lips and I pulled her closer.

"Your mine Gabby." I murmured.

Her whole body relaxed against me as she kissed me back. I could kiss her forever. Just stand here doing this forever.

I felt her hand slide up the back of my shirt.

Gabby obviously had other ideas, not that I was complaining.