Chapter 5 POV Elsie

Depuis le début

The coffee in my mouth gets stuck in my throat.

Isn't he tired?

I've spent almost every day of the remaining holiday time at Vincent's house. He texts me to come over, and the content is always:

【Are you free?】

【Condoms are running out; buy some on your way here, I'll reimburse you】.

And so on.

The consequence of excessive indulgence is that on the first day back to work after the holiday, I'm yawning continuously.

"Miss Elsie, are you okay?" the makeup artist asks with concern, "Didn't you sleep last night?"

I say, "No, I slept early last night."

I'm not lying; after the absurd day with Vincent, I went to bed at ten.

But there are still dark circles under my eyes.

The consequence of excessive indulgence is that on the first day back to work after the holiday, I'm yawning continuously.

"Miss Elsie, are you okay?" the makeup artist asks with concern, "Didn't you sleep last night?"

I say, "No, I slept early last night."

I'm not lying; after the absurd day with Vincent, I went to bed at ten.

But there are still dark circles under my eyes.

After finishing makeup, while the crew is making final adjustments to the set, I take out my phone, intending to send a message to Vincent. But before I can type, the phone screen changes, and Bryan's call comes in.

"Elsie." Bryan's voice is full of excitement, "Is there anyone with you?"

I look around the empty dressing room, "No, what's up?"

"I take back what I said before," Bryan declares.

I'm puzzled, "What did you say?"

"I said you don't need resources, there's no need to be with Mr. Vincent... or something like that." Bryan is excited, "You've got a watch endorsement."

Upon hearing the brand name Bryan mentions, I also freeze.

"There is no spokesperson in UK, and even the previous Best Actress only appeared in a short film to promote their new season's model." Bryan is unusually excited.

This is normal; I never thought this brand would look for a spokesperson in the UK either.

"Are you still on the set now?"

Bryan asks, "Why aren't you talking? Are you overwhelmed with joy?"

I come to my senses, "No, I'm still on set."

"I'll come to pick you up, and we can have dinner together to celebrate."

After hanging up the phone, I hesitate for a moment and open the dialogue box with Vincent.

【Me: Thank you.】

【Me: Was it difficult to get this advertising endorsement for me?】

【Vincent: No, they have a collaboration with my company.】

I type another thank you.

Bryan has arranged dinner at a highly private restaurant.

This restaurant is not open to the public and requires an invitation from the owner. It is quite famous in London.

"How did you manage to make a reservation?" I ask in the car.

"My vast network of contacts." Bryan replies.

The restaurant is indeed secretive, with no door number. You have to pass through the garden, follow a corridor covered in purple wisteria, turn at the end of a small path, find a small wooden door with a wooden fish next to it, knock with a secret code, and only then does a waiter come to open the door.

The menu is fixed, an all-vegetarian feast.

I suspect the owner of this restaurant is a monk.

Bryan pours tea for me: "Monk? Its said the owner of this restaurant is a handsome born rich who speaks four languages. And even a prince from a certain royal family was enamored with him. But he rarely appears; otherwise, I would also like to see how handsome he really is."

"A prince?" I catch onto this information.

Bryan nods with a knowing expression.

"No wonder you chose this restaurant," I say.

Bryan is also gay.

The dinner is casual and pleasant.

Afterwards, Bryan goes to the restroom, and I wait for him at the entrance, scrolling through my phone.

Suddenly, a man's hand pats my shoulder.

"Charlotte? You're back?"

I turn around, and standing before me is a young man, tall and handsome, with striking features. Surprise fills his emerald green eyes.