"Each report has at least a 2 to 3 day timespan. And they also seem to be traveling north, too. Any further information about these victims?" Yachi asked, looking at Urosaki. He shrugged his shoulders, "I wasn't assigned any of the cases, I just have access." He answered. You huffed before getting up from his chair.

"Do you know who was assigned to them?"

"Yes, three different detectives."

"Good, are they available?"

"I can check. If they're not, are you able to see them each tomorrow separately?" He asked before you nodded, "Separately is better, and so is tomorrow. I'll need to be writing stuff down under each detective to compare the different cases, and I don't have anything to write on or write with." You said before you walked outside the office with Yachi trailing behind you.

"Tch, why're you following me? This isn't your mission."

"Actually, yes it is. Higher ups requested a sorcerer Grade 1 or higher to assist me for whatever reason. Maybe they know something about the mission that we don't." Yachi said, making you stop just before you reached the exit.

"Wait, what? Know something that we don't?" You questioned. Yachi shrugged, "It's just a hunch, though." He said before continuing his walk towards the door. You frowned before turning to face him and follow after him.

"What the hell? 'Just a hunch?' That's oddly specific for a hunch!" You shouted after him. Yachi rolled his eyes, "When I said it's just a hunch, that's literally what it is. Just a hunch." He said bluntly. You frowned.

"But anyways, you might be right. It could be a curse user, like Suguru Geto-"

"Suguru Geto died last year. I killed him, there's no way it could be him." You cut him off. You had to lie about that, though you did beat him to a pulp, so you might as well have killed him if Panda wasn't there.

Yachi lifted his eyebrows, "I thought Gojo Satoru did?" He questioned. You rolled your eyes. "I beat 'em to a pulp, point is, he's dead! It can't be Suguru Geto!" You shouted. Yachi huffed before he kept on walking.

"Anyways, I suggest you head back to Jujutsu Tech and come back tomorrow. You still have my number, right? I'll text you when Urosaki has the detectives ready for you." Yachi ordered, turning to face you on the sidewalk. You frowned before rolling your eyes, "And what will I tell Gojo?" You questioned, crossing your arms and tapping your foot. Yachi rolled his own eyes.

"Tell him that you have a lead on the mission, but you have to wait until tomorrow. Also, tell him I sent you back."

"And why would I tell him that?"

"Just trust me on it, ok?" He grumbled before you huffed. "Fine. I'll see you tomorrow." You said starkly before beginning to walk back to your car where you left it close to the crime scene.

The drive back to Jujutsu Tech seemed to fly by as you kept on thinking about the details of the reports.

-Each report had a 2-3 day timespan and seemed to be traveling north.

-The curse user must have physical contact with the victim before deforming.

-The first one was the day before that mission you and Megumi went on.

What if the curse user was the one messing with the finger before Yuji picked it up? Could they have planned Yuji becoming Sukuna's vessel? If so, why? For what purpose? What do they want with Sukuna, or Yuji? And what kind of cursed technique involves physical touch?

"You sure are thinking hard about this." Ryo commented. You frowned slightly at him, "Yeah, idiot. It involves my father's death."

"...Anyway, you're pretty smart. And you might be right, that curse user could be the one who was messing with the finger prior to Yuji picking it up. Maybe that curse user has a plan for Yuji, that has something to do with Sukuna. Maybe the curse user has companions or minions and is using them to help said curse user out. Maybe what that curse user is planning is using Sukuna to do some damage to the Jujutsu world or the real world."

"Wait, what? How do you know all that? And don't say just a hunch."

"It's pretty obvious, in my opinion. The finger was left on the ground, instead of in the box where it should've been. Yuji picked it up, and a day later, he became Sukuna's vessel. Weird, right? Then, Yuji has a death sentence. All the while two weeks later, the boy dies. Probably done by the higher ups. Then they send you on this mission that involves your father, which then leads you to finding out a bunch of other death reports were caused by the same curse user. All of this was caused by that curse user. I have to say, that's pretty well thought out."

You nodded your head slightly, "Yeah. That's impressive, but how did they know that Yuji would pick it up? How did they know that Yuji was compatible to be Sukuna's one-in-a-million-chance vessel?"

"Simple: They must've been observing him from afar."

Your eyes widened while you stopped at a red light. "And you want me to tell Gojo all of this?"

"No, try not to get him involved more than he already is. Don't get anyone else involved in this other than Yuji himself, Gojo, Yachi, Urosaki and yourself."

"Right, cuz the more people that are involved the more damage is caused. Got it. Don't tell anyone about this mastermind of a curse user."

"I'm serious. This curse user is the best thinker I've ever seen in my whole lifetime, and that's a long ass lifetime of hearing nonstop gossip about Einstein and Newton."

You chuckled at him.

"...You seem to be handling your father's death well, all things considered."

"Fuck, really, Ryo? Why'd you have to remind me of that? Now I'm gonna go to sleep at night thinking about him!"

"What about Maki?"

"In all honesty, Ryo, as much as I love her, she was the last thing on my mind today."

"Damn. That's tough. Anyways, are you gonna spend time with her again today? I wanna gossip with her."

"Since when have the two of you gossiped?!"

"Whenever you'd be taking naps in the common room, I'd sometimes slip out and slip into her to gossip about everybody else."

"HUH?!"

"Yeah. She says some pretty offensive shit about everybody. Even you."

"Give me an example."

"Like that one day she said not even special grade braces would fix Rika's dragon lookin' teeth."

"Damnnn." You chuckled out before turning to the mountain.