ChapTer No_2.1

ALEX's   P.O.V. 💜

         Dan held the door to the passenger seat and was about to take Jan from me to place him in the booster seat when my mouth moved on its own

"Can't I just hold him?" I ask looking up to meet Dan's confused eyes, I quickly turn my gaze back at the sleepy head in my arms thinking I must have creeped the father out... But on the contrary, he just gives a wide smile that can probably brighten even my dark soul.

" Yes sure, I'll get you the baby carrier," he says diving in the back seat and pulling out the carrier immediately. He then aids me to fasten it without waking up Jan while I have to stand having his gorgeously hot face so close to me that I could faint with a heatstroke any minute!

After being satisfied with the work he goes on with his gentlemanly demeanor and helps me take the passenger seat in the front comfortably... All this while what I do is show the world how different shades of red can be displayed on a single stupid face!

I'm blushing guys that's what it is!

Now about being clingy to the kid, you all might believe I'm weird, but that's who I am. Even when I was young and my parents took me to the park, instead of playing on the slides or swings or with the kids of my age I used to go up to babies and ask their mums if I could play with them.... Or just play with random doggos. Some mommies were sweet but then some were "Karen" they thought that a toddler could kidnap their baby!

My mom...mmm she was the most cheerful and caring person, I ever had in my life, and my soft side is all thanks to her. About my dad, he was like my superhero, I wanted to be like him- dependable, strong yet kind. Though I hardly remember their faces, what I remember are just glimpses of me playing around with my parents and going to parks and all kinds of places, since my parents loved to travel around... and..... The last thing I remember about them is the road trip.........

I shake my head to end the thought process and then peek at Dan, since I felt eyes boring into my face for a couple of minutes now and that's making me shift nervously in my seat. But before I can process the odds, he suddenly pulls up to a corner of the street, with concern written over his face. He doesn't say anything which makes me go crazy with all the overthinking for the millionth time, however, after a long silence he finally speaks up,

"Alex, are you okay? You seem pale, is it getting uncomfortable holding Jan?? He can be heavy for that small-looking body of his..." He asks with a small grin, trying to make the mood lighter but his playful eyes do hold a hint of seriousness. I didn't know why he is being gentle towards me, who is a total stranger to him...

'Maybe he's kind and soft inside with all that tough guy exterior' my inner Angel reasons. Well, I have gone places for better or worse...

Mostly worse because of these little pieces of s***. I mean these guys in my head, so NOPE, I'm not trusting them anymore!

"Nothing" I reply with a small smile hoping he will give up on enquiring any further, which thankfully he does.

'Whoosh!' I give out along-held breath internally. 

"Alright then Alex, we'll be there in 10," he says flashing me a smile of his own while ruffling my hair a little.

I suppose his gesture is a surprise to both of us since he fakes a cough and immediately turns away, changing the gears, and driving us back on our way... 

I can hardly see his face anymore for which I'm thankful since he is no longer looking at me, cause my face felt hot with all the blood rushing in. 

The rest of the drive went on in silence though Dan kept stealing glances at me through the rearview mirror, which he had adjusted to look at me for some reason...