Ma'am

"Well, hello there" a woman was looking at me smiling her crooked teeth were the color of caramel on the spots that weren't black and looked as though they were rotting, the smile wasn't polite it was almost the definition of evil itself. She was extremely pale and skinny her face was narrow, and her eyes were sunk back in her face making her look like a skeleton with no eyes in the dim lighting of the room. Her hair was black and grey on the top but on the sides, hair was missing in patches as if it was ripped out. "H-H-Hello" I stuttered; she punched the wall next to my head as I flinched. "Oh, Bobby please tell me you didn't bring mommy a dumb one". "No momma, Jimmy picked her I just drove." Bobby was a tall, large man unlike the lady in front of me it looked as though he ate more than enough with bushy eyebrows and a brow bone that protruded far enough they almost hid the fact he had a lazy eye, he had the same crooked smile with caramel teeth and very thin lips, he was a hairy man, who spoke in a very slow deep southern voice and not the good southern.

     "JIMMY" the lady yelled she was maybe in her late fifties. "What ma'am" "Get your ass down here."

        I was being held in a basement or somewhere underground. I watched in fear as the same man from the mall came down, he wasn't as tall as his brother, but he was of average build, yet he had nice teeth straight and semi-white. "Yes, ma'am what did you need." "Is she stupid or something" "Not that I know of ma'am she didn't speak to me." I made eye contact with her, and she gave me a look with her head tilted, she was waiting for me to answer her question. "No, I'm not stupid." Her hand came and struck my left cheek "You will call me Ma'am, and you will respect me." I nodded and said yes ma'am. "Good, now get yourself cleaned up supper is soon and you're going to meet the rest of the family." She walked upstairs with both of the guys following behind her I heard the door close and lock. What did she mean by the rest of the family and where was I? There was a small sink in the back of the room, the sink was the most illuminated part in that dark room that reeked of mold, blood, dirt, and sweat. I approached the sink and splashed water on my face, I have to be smart and figure out each person I'm dealing with and that might save my life.

      I heard a loud banging and crashing sound upstairs. I heard the lady yell "TAKE HIM AND PUNISH HIM!" Who was she talking about and what was going to happen to him? I kept as quiet as possible so I could try to figure out what was happening upstairs. I took a couple of steps to the door so I could listen, it was then I noticed my socks and shoes were gone. I had stepped into a sticky puddle and onto something hard, it felt like a rock or stick I could use to maybe try and get out or if anything keep track of how long I've been away from home. I picked it up and carried it to the mirror so I could see what it was clearly. I screamed and threw it in the air when I got a good look, it was someone's finger. I looked down at my foot to see the bottom of it was a crimson red. I lifted my foot to the sink and began to scrub the blood off so that the lady wouldn't see and get mad, not that she seemed very neat or clean, but she seemed as though she would find any reason to hurt someone. I just want to get home to my mom she's alone right now and probably very worried. If my dad was still here, he would do everything he could to find me, but I know his friends will help the best they can and they won't give up till they find me.

       I heard the door unlock and open and Jimmy came down. "Let's go momma doesn't like to wait." I walked over to him, and he grabbed my shoulder to guide me, he left the door open and walked me down a long hallway that was covered in mold stains, the ceiling and floor had serious water damage. There were broken bottles and picture frames some lay shattered on the ground while a few stayed hung up crooked and dusty. Jimmy guided me around the glass and holes in the ground from the floors rotting away. We turned a corner to where the dining table sat, and I was in shock.