Dave hodgeman | pouring rain

The weather forecast said nothing about rain today. It was meant to be a clear day, just a couple clouds. I'm walking to school , it's 7:45am, and the birds are chirping and the sun is out. I half half an hour to get to school and it takes me 15 minutes to get there. I just decided to take the long way.

I put in my ear phones and start listening to 'Ava' by famy.
(Teenwolf check)
The air smelt lovely, like the type of air you'd get when walking through a park. Or it had just been raining, you get what I mean.

I decide to walk into this cute coffee shop at the corner of the path I was walking on.
To my surprise I see a familiar looking boy there. I haven't taken much notice of him before. But we have been going to school together since we were very young.

His name is Dave hodgeman. He's cute I guess, he has these moles plastered around his smooth face. He had dark brown hair and light brown eyes. Okay.. he's gorgeous, we get it.

I walk up to the counter and order "just a caramel frap please."
I smile and hand the worker some money. She smiles back as she begins to make it.

"Hey y/n" I turn to see Dave talking to me. Wow he's tall.

"Hey Dave" I turn away from him
"You excited for school?"
"No lol, but you gotta do it."
"Yeah that's true."
"So what are you doing here?"
I turn back toward him.
"I'm just getting some coffee before school."
He chuckles "yeah I guessed"

I smile and turn back to the cashier who is all done with my coffee.
"Thankyou" I give her a polite smile before turning around.

Shit. ITS RAINING?!
I look out the window too see it pissing it down. Wow, that must've been why it smelt like rain I giggle to myself.

"It's raining" I hear the familiar boy.

"How are we going to get to school?" I turn around to him

"Oh I'm not going. Not if it's this weather, I can't get out of here." He pauses and looks down "you can stay with me if you want?"

I try to think of a way to answer. I really don't want to go out in the rain. But I can't miss school.

"Dave I-."
I look back out the window to see it thundering.

"I'll stay" I smile at him as he smiles too.
"You won't regret it."

Dave tells me to sit at a table while he gets the breakfast menu. This is kind of our first date I guess? I smile to myself. Thankyou rain.

Let me know if you want a part 2

TikTok- luvobrienn

467 words