We get into the kitchen, and start taking the contents out of the bags. "So, tell me about college life, and your friends, and your boyfriend." She demands, and I roll my eyes. "Come on, I want to hear it all in person. Even what you've already told me."

        "It's okay. Classes are easy so far, we hang out when we can, and there isn't much to tell." I say, simply, and she shakes her head not liking what I am giving her. "Fine, Classes are easy. We do try to hang out when we can, but since I live with five of the guys I see them all the time. Ivy and I get together at least once a week to catch up, and get away from the testosterone. And when the guys aren't away at hockey on Fridays, we go to some little bar, hang out, then go back to the house, and watch movies. As far as Holland goes, it just kind of happened." I shrug.

        Technically not a lie. It did just kind of happen, but we did nothing to stop it from happening.

        "Tell me more about him. What his favorite foods are, what he was like growing up. He's a good one, and I want to get to know him better." She tells me, and I smile. As she starts peeling potatoes, I start seasoning the hamburger patties.

        I tell her what I know about Holland, how he asked me out, and all the other questions she asks. When she feels like she's had enough answers, she stops asking questions, and tells me about Nana. How she had a heart attack, but they don't know what caused it. They are going to release her to a funeral home in about a week, and Nana already had her funeral paid for and planned.

        "Go hangout with your brother and boyfriend. I call you guys when dinner is ready." She tells me, and I nod.

        I head towards mine and Rebels bedrooms, stopping in front of his partially open door. I hear Holland say, "I know you it's hard, and you three haven't had much luck with men guiding you for whatever it is we are meant to guide you to, but I'm here," he pauses, "I'm not just with your sister for her. I'm here for you and y'alls mom as well. Oaklynn wouldn't let me be around her if I had no interest in getting to know you two."

        Holland puts his hand on Rebel's shoulder. "I don't know what it's like to lose someone who helped raise you, but I want to understand. And I never had to be strong because I always had my dad to lean on whenever I needed to, and I know you feel like since you're the man of the house you have to be strong," he pauses again, "it's okay to cry, to be angry, and to feel. Your sister worries about you, keeping everything sealed so tightly. She wants you to talk to her, and she wants you to feel." Holland confesses, and Rebel nods.

        Rebel turns to face Holland, "I don't want her worrying. She is just now starting to live her life, she deserves to be happy. Oaklynn has raised me as much as our mom and nana have, I owe her that much, letting her be happy. And my mom has enough to worry about. She has work, and making sure the bills get paid. She doesn't ne-" Holland stops him.

        "You're wrong. Those two women out there, they love you more than life itself." Holland tells him, and adds, "When I got home last night, Oaklynn was sitting on the floor in the kitchen. Her breathing was shallow, her hair was all tangled, and her body looked weak. When I was taking her to her room, she told me she hates how you two are alone, and how she needed to be here right in that moment," he pauses, "I got her in the bath, and told her we would leave in the morning, she tried to argue. She wanted to get here right away."

        I walk away from the door, heading back downstairs. When I get into the kitchen, my mom raises an eyebrow, "They were talking, so I let them be." I tell her, and she nods. "What can I do to help?" I ask, and she bosses me around.

        When dinner is almost ready, the guys come into the kitchen. Holland finds me, and pulls me into a hug, while Rebel does the same to our mom. "Need any help?" They ask, and Mom shakes her head no. "Then, I guess we'll just sit here looking pretty." Rebel says, and we laugh.