C78

Hearing MoYan inquiring about AnYi’s whereabouts, Grand Elder suddenly regained his senses and quickly told the truth about His Excellency AnYi’s location.

Grand Elder clapped his forehead and said to MoYan both vexed and happy, “Look at my memory. His Excellency AnYi needs to be told the good news of you being back with His Little Highness as soon as possible!! You don’t know this, but after receiving your communicator which returned automatically, His Excellency AnYi had been very anxious and worried. Afterward, he personally took a reconnaissance ship to the protected area to find where you were. And all the affairs of the royal family were temporarily handed over to us, elders, to manage.”

“If he knew you’re back safely, His Excellency AnYi will definitely be elated!” Grand Elder felt delighted from the bottom of his heart.

As MoYan listened to this whole sequence of events, a warm current was surging in his chest. He immediately fetched a new communicator and sent a message to AnYi, who was far away in the protected starfield area.

He wanted to personally report his safety to his lover.

***

At that very moment, His Excellency AnYi, Duke Seidon, and the rest who were in the protected starfield region were all wearing quite the ugly expression.

Not long ago, they found MoYan’s undamaged aircraft along the asteroid belt on the edge of the reserve. That combined with the communicator MoYan sent back in a state of emergency, as well as the anomaly of Possier and the other’s collective loss of communication, they unanimously speculated that something might have gone wrong inside the protected area.

For insurance purposes, the four of them from different races went into the reserve together to investigate the situation.

What they never imagined was that the problem would be so severe and vile. They were currently passing by three or four recorded natural planets that possessed intelligent life. All have suffered invasion from unknown viruses without exemption.

At the same time, they discovered signal screens from their higher civilization on the surrounding satellites and planets of these planets.

These screens not only completely isolated various signals sent by these celestial bodies but also forged an illusion of peace and tranquility for the detectors at their Alliance’s headquarters. So that they, who were outside, would not perceive how heart-wrenching and inhumane these planets were suffering from the invasion.

At this time, on board several reconnaissance ships and warships.

“Unacceptable! Truly unacceptable! Just who the hell is using these planets as test grounds!!!” Patriarch Feng of the Qijiang Race glared at the tragic picture sent back by the detector. His eyes were red with rage and he couldn’t help cursing loudly. “It’s practically an extinction of humanity!!!”

The interstellar civilizations they have at present were all developed from such ignorant, childlike, natural planets step by step. As long as someone has a bit of empathy, they wouldn’t act on such newly enlightened worlds.

How was this any different from an armed adult bullying a defenseless infant?

Moreover, considering that all the life forms on these celestial bodies have collectively erupted into zombie mutations, it was obviously not an accident or a coincidence. This was simply someone deliberately spreading the virus, using hundreds of millions of creatures on these planets to do inhumane experiments on living bodies.

Lord Randt’s expression was also hideous and so gloomy it was about to drip water. He solemnly said, “We must report this matter to the Alliance Headquarters. This is no longer solely these planets’ business. We must intervene as the native inhabitants of these planets alone are not enough to defeat such an overbearing virus. Their technological level is now severely damaged, and the casualties of their scientific and technological personnel are also disastrous. What’s more, they don’t even know that there’s a mastermind from a higher civilization behind the scenes.”