C14

History

Chapter 14: WuYi takes a comfortable bath

Several loud gunshots diverted the zombies’ attention and they scattered in another direction once again. Xie Jun and Liu Dashan sighed with relief but did not dare delay any more time and continued to kill their way to the defensive shield.

With Xie Jun and Liu Dashan opening up a path, the resistance of the zombie swarm and their siege weakened. Wu Wenyu, who had recovered some of part of her ability, immediately rushed out of the zombies’ encirclement together with all the school’s survivors.

Once everyone escaped from the encirclement, they could only send a look at Xie Jun and Liu Dashan because there was no time to express their gratitude, just in case the zombies reacted and turned back to them again. Following the headmaster’s suggestion, they needed to keep running towards the newly built dormitory building in the northern area which was yet to be opened to students.

Xiao WuYi also took the younger brothers out of the laboratory building, so both groups trooped in to hide together in the newly built dormitory building in the northern area.

There were no zombies inside the dormitory building because no students had been arranged from the beginning. The old headmaster took out a key and opened the outermost gate. Once everyone entered safely, he quickly locked the big iron gate again.

undefinedXie Jun also entered the dormitory building, but he became a little worried upon seeing the current scene. He frowned slightly and asked, “Everyone’s together here at the same time. How will we go out later? There are so many of us. If the zombies smelt our scent, it wouldn’t take them long to surround the gate. And since we’re here with you now, we won’t be able to save anyone again.”

Xie Jun’s concerns were not unreasonable, and before the old headmaster could explain, one of the students around him answered first. It sounded like they had already studied the terrain.

“The window behind this dormitory building is right next to the north side wall of our school. We can climb the window and easily get to the outer road. If this wasn’t a reserved female dormitory and this year wasn’t my third year, this would’ve been a convenient escape route.”

Xie Jun suddenly realized: “……” So that was the case.

The old headmaster looked at the male student seriously, deeply memorizing his face.

At this time, the defensive shield over everyone’s head suddenly disappeared. Everyone became startled. A commotion broke out among the students at the back. Xie Jun and the headmaster hurried over and found out that Wu Wenyu had fallen unconscious in the arms of the female student next to her.

This scene terrified everyone, but in the end, after careful examination by medical students it was found out to be a false alarm and she was just asleep. It seemed these days had consumed too much of her mental strength, and now that everyone was finally safe, the burden on Wu Wenyu’s body appeared to have completely loosened out.

By now, Xiao WuYi also pulled away from others to go over to Wu Wenyu’s side. The small figure was finding it hard to squeeze in, but he was looking at Wu Wenyu who had fallen asleep and could only say sorry as he pushed through the other brothers and sisters.

“Don’t worry, she just fell asleep.” Xie Jun glanced at the little boss’ worried eyes, and  comforted him, “It won’t take long for your little sister to wake up!”

“This is little sister Xiao Yu!”

Xiao WuYi was caught off guard by Xie Jun rubbing his head, and he couldn’t help but grumble angrily. Then, he pushed his small face right beside Wu Wenyu and gazed at the other person’s sleeping face intently.