C76

Bai Mei shook his head in disbelief, only thinking that this idea was very much absurd and that it was impossible to find an antibody factor from him. However, seeing Bai Yue and Dr. Wei nod their heads in agreement, he couldn’t help but hesitate a bit and become nervous.

Bai Yue directly grabbed his brother’s hand, looked up at Bai Mei’s eyes, and earnestly said, “Brother, Elder Brother Nie’s guess is indeed very possible. It’s reasonable to say that a zombie king is also a zombie but it’s also a fact that my healing ability is only useful for you.”

“What!!!”

Hearing this, everyone suddenly looked over in surprise. Bai Yue and the others had never told them there was such a thing before.

Bai Yue didn’t hide it at this time. He glanced at Dr. Wei Hanming next to him and directly confessed to everyone, “To be honest, when we were in Haicheng before, Dr. Wei and I had caught ordinary zombies and conducted experiments in secret. I have tested whether my healing powers have any effect on the zombies, unfortunately, my ability has neither the slightest influence nor created a change on them!”

“It was indeed like that.” Dr. Wei Hanming nodded. His face agreed without the slightest sign of jesting. He gazed up at everyone gravely, and then said to Bai Mei, “Bai Mei, your existence is very special. At that time, when we saw that Bai Yue’s ability was capable of solely affecting you, even if it was only a momentary change, we were inwardly very much surprised.

“But because we have not formally carried out the research, we weren’t sure what factors brought about this difference. Thus, we decided to temporarily not tell everyone this matter so as not to make everyone happy in vain. However, even though this result is still inconclusive, Mr. Nie’s speculation is by no means unfounded.

“Bai Yue said that the restorative medicine you gave us contains rich healing ability elements in it, and this healing ability only works on you, which proves that in your body exist factors that other zombies absolutely do not have,” Dr. Wei said with certainty.

Bai Mei’s whole being was dumbstruck by this information, and he dazedly stood in place, still in disbelief and unable to get back to his senses.

The others weren’t any better. They were all stupefied by the news, looking at Bai Mei’s eyes as if they were looking at a super precious treasure.

“…This is truly an incredible discovery!!”

Bai Yue gazed at his brother who hadn’t recovered yet, stretched out his hand to embrace him, and affectionately comforted him. He then spoke near his ear, “So, Brother, don’t undervalue yourself and don’t let your imagination run wild. Your body might possess something that can give us all the hope to live. Just now, Dr. Wei and I were going to ask you if you want to cooperate with our research but were forestalled by Elder Brother Nie.”

At this moment, Bai Mei didn’t know how to describe his feelings. His tear glands were like an out-of-control dam, causing his tears to flow violently. He was so excited that his words were choked with emotion and out of tune. “I…”

“Perhaps other zombies can’t be saved but you must be saved, Brother. There’ll definitely be methods to change you back to your original appearance.” Bai Yue’s eyes unknowingly turned red as he guaranteed this as if it were a pledge.

Bai Mei never thought that his body would have such a possibility. Although he was currently living peacefully and amicably with everyone, the difference between people and zombies was like an insurmountable wall between them, making him incompatible with the rest of them.

And now, even if it was only a slight possibility, it was enough for him to easily unload this heavy psychological burden.

“I-I… I will cooperate well.” Bai Mei wiped his tears away and said with a smile, “I don’t feel any pain right now. You are welcome to do the research.”