Maki rolled her eyes at your reply. "....Anyways, sure why not. I wanna look at the stars anyways." She answered eventually. Your face lit up before smiling even more. "Great! See ya after dinner, then!" You chirped before skipping ahead into the dining hall where a ton of Christmas decorations were set up, courtesy of Gojo Satoru. You all thought Gojo went a little too far with the decorations, but didn't say anything.

"You'd think a grown man would know when he set up too many decorations." You commented as you squeezed by the Christmas tree and sat down next to Panda. "He may be a grown man, but he's mentally a 6th grader." Maki added, making the entire table chuckle.

"Soo, how are you and Y/n-chan?" Panda asked, looking at Maki. She lifted a brow at his question. "What about me and Y/n?" She asked before continuing to eat.

"I mean, are you two going out yet?"

Maki's cheeks went beet red. "What?! No! I still need time to figure that out!"

"Huh?! Whaddya mean you need to figure out if you and Y/n are dating or not?!"

"Because I've never felt this way about anybody, let alone someone of the same gender! Give me time, Panda!" She yelled, crossing her arms. Panda and Toge stared with blank faces. Both you and Yuta just kept on eating like normal people.

"You seriously haven't thought of a way to get her to ask you out?"

No. I'm being patient with her and giving her time because I know these feelings she has must be foreign to her, so I'm not gonna be an asshole and rush her.

Ryo sighed at your response. " Man, you really love this girl, huh? " He asked. You looked up as you let your chopsticks drop from between your fingers.

Love?

"Yes, Y/n. Love. You love that girl, I'm surprised you didn't notice that earlier."

Love? Seriously?

"Are you under the mindset that intellectuals such as you don't have time for love?"

No, asshole.

Ryo sighed once again, and you envisioned him rolling his eyes at you, making you chuckle.

-

-

-

After dinner, you and Maki did as you said you were, and went outside to sit in the snow and talk for a while before you two hit the curfew.

"You excited for the group mission tomorrow?" You asked as you leaned back and rested on your palms. She looked at you before huffing.

"To be honest, no. Cuz then I have to look out for the others."

"You do know that they can look out for themselves, right?"

"Yeah, but I'm not sure about Okkotsu. He's feeble...like a piece of paper. Yeah, he's a special grade but he's as strong as a fourth grade." She frowned before looking up at the sky. She huffed, and she could see her breath in the air.

"It's really that cold?" She questioned before rubbing her arms. You nodded before looking up at the sky with her.

"If you tilt your head slightly, you can see Orion's constellation." She said, tilting her head to the left. You looked at her before chuckling. "You stargaze?"

"No. I just know my constellations. I'm surprised you don't." She retorted while you smiled and tilted your head back up at the stars.

"There's Orion's belt," She leaned closer to you and pointed at the three stars next to each other horizontally. "Then if you look to the upper left, you can see his club." She pointed just a little bit upwards. "And there, you can see his shield." She pointed to the right. You looked at her and smiled softly. She looked so pretty, her being focused on the constellation.

She looked down with a blush on her cheeks. "The uh..."

"The moon looks beautiful tonight."

You looked back at her with wide eyes. "What..?" You breathed out. She looked at you with a small frown.

"....It does. And so do you." You said softly, looking back up at the stars. Her blush grew even bigger as she looked away, her breathing getting heavier and her heart racing.

"Is something wrong?" You asked while looking at her. Her head was still facing away from you and she was still frowning to herself.

"I hate how polite you are." She finally said. Your face went blank. "Ok...?-"

"And I hate how caring you are, how smart you are, how flirty you are. I hate it!" She exclaimed. You felt your heart sink; she was saying all this right after she just confessed her love for you.

"But that's what makes me love you, Y/n." She admitted. You just smiled softly once again.

"And I love you, Maki." You replied, slightly reaching for her hand. She flipped her head and looked straight at your touching hands.

"I'm not rushing you, but," You started, looking down with a blush.

"Maki Zen'in, would you please be mine?"