026. deja vu

— 026

— 026. deja vu —

DYLAN DIDN'T SAY MUCH on the car ride over. cam could tell something had happened but he didn't wanna push it, seeing as she already told him that she didn't want to speak with him. once they arrived at the country club cam opened dylan's door for her as she softly pushed past him and walked over to the rest.

cam took that like a dagger to the heart, realizing dylan wasn't his biggest fan at the moment. "jeremiah obviously your old keycard isn't gonna work." dylan says as jere gives her a look. they then make their way inside after cam opened the door.

"ok, we should split up and find stuff?" belly says as dylan nods. "i'm going to look for food!" dylan says as she begins walking to the kitchen. "me too." skye says, following dylan. "me three." cam says as he scratches the back of his neck nervously.

steven and taylor then went to find blankets they could all sleep on as conrad trailed behind cam to the kitchen. "skye do you see any peanut butter cups?" dylan asks as she's rummaging through the pantry.

she got no answer. she then walked out to see skye and cam laughing at each other's jokes as conrad stood confused. "connie can you help me carry these things?" dylan says clearing her throat and making her presence visible.

"huh? ok." conrad says as he walks over. "what we're they laughing about?" dylan asks ignorantly. conrad just lets out a small chuckle. "someone's jealous." he says teasing his little sister.

"they wish." dylan mumbles as she finally finds her peanut butter cups and walks to the cinema with the rest of the food. as they sat down and played the movie dylan wanted to scream at them to turn it off.

she couldn't help it. almost everything connected her to him somehow. she couldn't fight the feeling no matter how bad she wanted to and it pained her.

they movie tangled played as she could see cam slightly staring at her in the corner of her eye. on their second date they had watched tangled and it became their movie. then for prom dylan wore a lilac dress and cam wore a dark blue suit.

the whole night cam called dylan his rapunzel and she called him her flynn. she sighed as she continued watching on until a bit later when she noticed cam getting worked up about the mess.

they weren't necessarily supposed to even be on the country club so dylan understood his worries as she sprung up, "how about we go camping guys?" dylan says lifting the food.

"what?" taylor says. "let's sleep outside!" dylan says happily as she grabs taylor's hand, leading her out. "does anyone know how we can smoke this?" taylor asks as she holds up a bag of weed. "anyone got an apple?" dylan asks as skye pulls one out of the bag from the kitchen.

"cool." dylan says as she walks ahead of the girls. the boys had somehow gotten a hold of the golf cart as they were recklessly driving up the hill. dylan on the other hand was stabbing a hole in the apple repeatedly.

soon they we're all circled up and passing the makeshift apple bong around. "let's play truth or dare!" taylor suggests.

cam then goes as he speaks about something he regretted. dylan knew about his sister, and how much she meant to him so she sympathized with him as he spoke about her. the group was silent for a second before dylan spoke up.

"i wanna go next.." dylan says inhaling then exhaling a cloud of smoke. "ok, truth or dare?" belly asks. "truth." dylan says."boring.." steven murmurs.

dylan then flips him off as belly begins to speak. "if you could go back to any two moments in your life and do something different what would it be?" she asks. "well... first i'd not be such an idiot. you know, deal with situations better? i shouldn't have dealt with it like that— acted the way i did. and i wanna take it back.." dylan says glancing at cam.

"i'm gonna pretend i know who, what, when and where you're talking about." taylor says as dylan laughs then continues. "lastly, i think i should've listened to my gut and knew that was the last time i'd see her. i would've said goodbye properly.. not just 'i love you, see you later'." dylan says as the group falls silent.

"belly truth or dare!" skye says after a moment, breaking the silence. "dare." belly says. "i dare you... to kiss jeremiah!" skye says cluelessly. dylan takes a quick glance around as she bursts into laughter then quickly gets up stumbling away.

"i think we should get some sleep." steven says clapping as the group agrees. dylan unknowingly set her blanket right next to cams as a small smile couldn't help but flash on her face.

she wanted to reach out to cam and engulf him in a hug— reminisce about their first date as they sat on the golf course drinking milkshakes. but she couldn't. she wouldn't. but what was killing her the most was that she knew they were both feeling deja vu.

she knew that cam felt the same way she did in that moment. as she laid down and stared at the stars she realized how much she missed him. and now she was willing to try. to try to be at least cordial with him.

work their way back to where it used to be.

n,
i'm backkk?

guys lmk rn if u want a live action luffy fic bc i have like 2 chaps ready alr