009. hand to face ratio

— 009

— 009. hand to face ratio —

DINNER COULDN'T HAVE GONE ANY slower for dylan. as soon as she finished helping susannah and her mom clear the table, she rushed out of the house with everyone else.

when they got to the party it was already loud, crowded and the music was blasting. as they walked in 'party monster' by the weeknd blared through the house. almost everyone spread out, belly going to her deb friends.

dylan didn't have much of an opinion on the deb ball and was mostly doing it to see the bright smile on susannah's face. she then migrated to the kitchen looking for a non alcoholic drink as she found caprisun.

she then took about five as she made her way upstairs. after many failed attempts of finding a vacant room, walking in on people making out and etc, she finally found an empty room. she sat and sighed in happiness as she poked her straw into the juice pouch.

dylan honestly hated parties. not as a whole but just little bits. she hated drunk people- the weird drunks. she also hated when people tried to act friendly or as if they knew her.

she could be at a party in her home town and someone she hadn't spoken to all year in school would attempt to make conversation. she hated that one the most. but as she sipped her caprisun and looked around the room she felt at peace.

nicole had a nice house, although it was very hot. as dylan finished her second caprisun she shimmied off steven's sweater that was about two sizes too big for her given her brothers height.

she then sat it down with her bag as she roamed around the room more. after about thirty minutes of roaming and contemplating dylan decided she'd check out the closet just for fun. as she skimmed through the clothes she heard the bedroom door open and someone plop on the small couch in the room.

she then cautiously walked out as she saw jeremiah sprawled on the couch. "jere?" she says softly as the boy sits up. "oh hey dylan!" he says. he was drunk. dylan sighed before placing a hand on her hip.

"didn't steven tell you to keep that jacket on?" jeremiah asks smugly as he stands up and inches closer to dylan. "jermiah how much did you drink?" dylan asks concerned. he reeked of alcohol.

"you're not gonna answer my question?"he asks as he places a hand on dylan's shoulder. "you didn't answer mine." she mumbles, backing away. it was unusual for jere to be acting like this, especially with dylan. "you look pretty tonight." he mutters as dylan becomes even more confused.

"have i ever told you your eyes are pretty?" jeremiah asks as his words slur. "stop jere. drink this." she says as she ducks under his gaze and hands him a caprisun. "no i'm serious, i like how this one's green and this one's brown." he says as he points to her eyes.

dylan had heterochromia iridis. it wasn't a big deal but when people mentioned it she immediately felt embarrassed and would do anything to escape their gaze. she didn't like when someone pointed out anything that could make her feel 'different'.

"drink your juice." she mumbles as he finally manages to poke the straw through. "i remember when you use to have those braces, and you'd always wear your hair in a low ponytail.." jeremiah says through sips.

dylan had no clue what his deal was. "now you always do something with it, style it. i like that. and your teeth- they're pretty nice." he says as he sets down the empty juice pouch, walking towards the conklin girl.

"i have no clue what your deal is but i should go get you some water you need to drink it. your dehy-." dylan begins as she's cut off with jeremiah fisher's lips pressing against hers, both his hands around her waist, pulling her in.

she was dumbfounded. she snapped back into reality as she lifted her hand and without thinking, slapped him across the face. as jeremiah back up dylan realized what she had done.

"oh my god. i'm sorry jere-." she begins as he cuts her off. "did you just....?" he asks with a laugh, mildly confused and it seems as if the slap made him sober up in an instant. "i'm so sorry." she mumbles, her hand raised to her mouth hovering over where she just made out with the boy she's known her whole life.

she just stared in shock with herself as she examined the right side of jeremiah's face, a red hand mark appearing. "don't be sorry- oh shit. i actually kissed you.. i'm sorry." he says as if he's realizing what he just did.

"that- that wasn't right." dylan mumbles with a stressed out tone as she motions between her and jeremiah. "i don't know what i was thinking. i'm sorry." jeremiah says as he reaches out for dylan's hand.

before he could get a hold of her hand, dylan was already reaching up and gently touching the red bruise of the fisher boys face. "i'm sorry for this." she says as he winces once he feels dylan's hand touch his cheek.

"to be fair it was a good hand to face ratio." he says as she lets out a soft laugh. "we can't tell anyone." she says as she walks over to the bed. "tell anyone what?" jere asks oblivious. "that you kissed me jeremiah!" she exclaims as he holds his hands up in surrender.

"technically-." he begins as he points at the girl. "shut up." dylan warns as he backs away from the girl, not wanting to get slapped a second time. "what do we do when they ask why i have this on my face?" jeremiah asks as his finger hovers over the bruise.

"lie...?" she says as if it were simple. "do you use crest or arm and hammer? i need your toothpaste, it works amazing... i can still taste some mint." jeremiah says mindlessly as dylan goes to respond but she gets cut off by something.

she heard yelling from the next room over. it was taylor and belly. and she's calling isabel selfish. dylan then instantly grabs her things as she swings open the door. dylan had forgotten her lip gloss and phone on the bed but jeremiah made sure to grab it.

as dylan exited she looked around. but by then belly was halfway down the stairs and taylor is peeking out of the room. as dylan looks over to belly's best friend she notices her older brother in the room. it then clicks in her mind.

"seriously steven?" she asks as he looks at her with annoyance then behind her with confusion. "why did jeremiah just come out of the same room as you?" he asks, turning on his older brother defense mode.

"you don't get to ask questions right now, let's go." she says sternly as she makes her way for the steps, both jeremiah and steven following her like lost dogs. "are you wearing lip gloss?" steven asks jeremiah as they stumble down the stairs.

"yeah, cherry red." jeremiah says sassily as he secretly eyes dylan's lip gloss he held in his hand.

n,

what the heck just happened?

anyway i dunno if i'm gonna have dylan bring this up in an argument with belly or vice versa with belly and jere and have him bring it up or if one of them is gonna accidentally say smth abt it

till then they're taking it to the grave