023. whole lotta nothing

— 023

— 023. whole lotta nothing —

AS SOON AS DYLAN heard belly and jere's plan to save the house she laughed a bit. did they really think they could bribe and sway aunt julia into changing her mind about selling the beach house?

she knew the plan wouldn't work and her point was proven right as the pair of friends walked into the house. they all sat across the dining room table as jere complained about conrad wanting to open his trust.

"jere, i hear you complaining about conrad this conrad that but you've been doing a whole lotta nothing this whole time." dylan says cutting jere off mid sentence. "dylan don't-." belly begins as the front door opens and steven along with taylor walks in.

dylan instantly got up and engulfed her brother into a hug with a deep sigh as he hugged her back. once she backed away he apologized to belly as he gave her the box of pie he bought her.

hw then turned to dylan as he pulled out a big pack of candy. "i got you peanut butter cups..." steven says with a small smile as dylan grabs them and makes her way to bed.

"night everyone." she says softly as she shuts her door. as much as it pained her she gently removed the blankets and settled into the bed that had just been last touched by susannah. dylan missed her so much.

she recalled the very last time she saw susannah as she smiled sadly. she remembered she wore the sage green sundress susannah loved, which was the same one she wore her first day at the summer house last year.

she walked in after saying goodbye to her mother who dropped her off. she was nervous. she had even waited in the car to watch jere leave before she went and opened the front door. she could hear susannah's soft but harsh coughs as she wandered down the hall.

"lannie!" susannah says happily as she spots dylan in the corner of her eye. "hey annah." dylan says softly as she walks towards susannah. "how have you been?" susannah asks as she softly pats beside her.

"i've been... good." dylan says as she lays next to susannah. "lannie, how have you been?" susannah asks once again, wanting the truth. "i'm not sure." she admits. "that's totally ok. what's on your mind?" she asks.

"a lot. i've been... thinking- about what's gonna happen after.." she begins as she tears up. "and i'm already so unhappy annah. but i don't want you to feel like you're causing me this pain because you have to go." dylan says as she cries.

"dylan baby, no matter what i'll always be here." susannah says as she softly placed her hand on dylan's heart. "i love you so much annah." dylan says through tears. "i love you more my sweet girl." she says as she brushes the hair from dylan's face with her hands.

dylan always remembered when her mom would tell her stories about annah from college. but one stood out to her the most. she would always ask where middle name came from because she knew both conrad's and belly were from susannah.

but she was so overjoyed when she found out hers was too. "mom, where's my middle name from?" 7 year old dylan asked her mom. "well sweetie, when me and beck were in college she went through a phase where she had a poison ivy plant as room decor." laurel explains.

"and everyone who came in would touch it and later when they'd get home, they'd get a poison ivy rash and complain. but beck didn't care.." laurel says. "why?" dylan asks curiously. "because she always liked to say 'a poison ivy plant isn't dangerous. it isn't cruel. it's smart. it doesn't push people away put it also doesn't invite them in. it's the best of all worlds'." laurel says as dylan smiles.

laurel then went to tell her about how dylan's dad was out of town when she went into labor with her and belly so annah drove all the way down from boston to be with her. when the two girls were born, laurel already had their names by just looking at their faces.

isabel susannah conklin and dylan ivy conklin.

"so i'm the bets of all worlds?" she asks hoping to get a good answer. "yes you are my sweet girl." laurel says as she finishes setting the table. dylan knew she had a special connection to her mother and susannah.

she never really got along with her dad as much as steven and belly did so susannah and laurel were almost like her main parents while her dad was there. she still loved him very much but she'd never be able to be where she was if it wasn't for her mother.

as well as susannah fisher.

n,
i lowkey have the fattest crush on my friend like it's js smth abt a yt boy with brunette hair that does it for me 😣🙈