017. pretty when you cry

— 017

— 017. pretty when you cry —

DYLAN WAS NERVOUS AS she arrived at the country club. her plan was to meet cam right before they went out but she was scared. she kept wondering maybe the only reason he did what he did earlier was to form peace.

and that she made it weird by saying it was a date. because it wasn't a date... right? she sighed to herself as her and belly walked into the country club and went to the dressing room. belly's date was jere.

dylan didn't even try to persuade her because it seemed like they were already deep into whatever they had going on and she wanted no part in it. as dylan finished her makeup she put her hair into a bun that almost looked like a bow, curtesy to susannah for teaching her.

she then added a simple white head band as she slid on her white gown. as she looked in the mirror a small smile sprawled across her face. she looked pretty to herself. and she hoped other people would think the same.

a few minutes later it was time for the debutants to meet with their dates and dylan stomach began to tumble as she approached cam she noticed the small smile he had as he took a look at her dress.

"you look pretty." he mumbles as he takes a hold of her hand. before she could respond and stop blushing it was their turn to enter the hall. cam wrapped his arm around dylan in the most respectable manner as they walked out.

dylan had a small on her face that faltered a bit in sadness as she saw susannah smiling and admiring her with a few tears in her eyes. dylan knew about the cancer.

conrad told her. it wasn't on purpose but when their phone calls got long and dragged throughout the night, they revealed things to each other because they were each other's comfort when no one else was there for them.

dylan then sucked up her emotions as she moved to the side with belly to let the boys do their dance. the girls all watched and laughed as steven slid knees first on the floor and began dancing.

the rest of the dance was calm, the girls still in laughter from steven's moves earlier. once they were finished it was time for the actual dance. they gave the boys a few minutes to cool off but when they were done jere was no where to be seen.

belly stood in the middle of dance floor alone. dylan had her hands intertwined with cam's ready to dance but the only thought in her mind was that she hoped conrad would come to his senses and take her sisters hands.

then he did. a soft smile fell upon dylan's face as she watched belly's face light up at the sight of conrad. now she could turn all her attention to cam. "remember if you don't know your right from your left, i might regret it." cam mumbles jokingly as they begin dancing.

"oh please, as if you cameron diaz would ever regret dancing with me. i mean look at me." dylan says as he spins her. "you do look beautiful." he says and that silences dylan. she doesn't speak a word for the rest of the dance, only looking into his coffee brown eyes with a big smile as they waltz around.

when the dance is over dylan excuses herself from cam as she walks over to belly and conrad. she gives conrad a knowing shove as she speaks up. "where the hell is jere?" she asks.

before anyone can answer a sad looking jere walks in. "jere what happened?" belly asks. "moms cancer is back." he says more directly to conrad. but as he says it he scans all of their expressions but only belly looks surprised.

"you knew?" he asks conrad. he doesn't say anything. then suddenly jeremiah just punches him, making lots of people gasp. "jeremiah what the hell?" dylan exclaims as she tugs his arm.

"did you know too?" he asks angrily. "yes i did. are you gonna punch me too?" dylan asks angrily as jeremiah's expression softens for a second. "dylan i would never-." he begins but then is cut off by susannah and laurel coming over.

"what is going on?" they ask in unison. "we know your cancer is back mom." jeremiah says as susannah scans the kids in front of her. the ride home was silent. everyone didn't want to say the wrong things.

but when they got home susannah broke the news to them. she wouldn't try chemo. she didn't want to, not for health but she just wanted to live normally before she went. but that broke everyone's heart.

downstairs the fisher boys sat with their mom in tears but upstairs all three conklin's and their mother lay on the bed as dylan cried into her brothers shoulder. no one said anything. they just cried. but they cried in each other's comfort.

a few minutes later dylan excused herself from them as she slid on a random jacket and walked down to the beach. she knew cam would be there. he loved to watch the whales late at night.

he once told her that when it was late that was when they were most comfortable to come out and swim above surface. she still remembered. as she wandered the beach she came across his silhouette.

"cam!" she yells as she gets closer. "dylan- have you been crying?" he asks as she gets closer. "cam i wanna tell you something, but i don't want you to say anything ok?" she says.

"ok.." he mumbles as he reaches his hand out wiping a few stray tears from her face. "i love you. ever since we began hanging out at casey's. i always have. even when you broke my heart cam. i still loved you." dylan says as cams hand drops to his side.

"dylan i-." he begins. "i'm not done." she says as he holds his hands up in defense. "i know your confused as to why i'm telling you now but i'm losing everyone. and i don't wanna loose you cam. because your it for me. you always have been." dylan says as she sighs.

"i'm done." she finishes. cam doesn't say anything which makes worry grow in dylan's mind. but as she's deep in thought of what she possibly could've said wrong, she feels cams hand on her chin.

he lifts her face up to look up at him as she avoids his gaze. "dylan.." he says softly as she looks at him. "hm?" she asks nervously. he then leans in and connects their lips as dylan is in shock for a second.

she then snaps back into reality as she kisses him back. this is what she wanted. needed. as cam gently lets go of dylan's face, he speaks up. "you're pretty when you cry..." he says as he wipes the last stray tear from her cheek.

she then takes a deep breath. they don't say anything to each other as they take a seat in the sand. "dylan." cam says as she turns her head in his direction. "i love you more." he says. "there's no way you could love me more." dylan says with a smile as cam shrugs.

"i don't make the rules conklin." he says as she rolls her eyes. "whatever you say sea boy." she mumbles as he lets out a soft laugh.

n,

love them sososo much

y'all i can't choose.... is ultraviolence or nfr lana's best album they're both so good