So Far

"So, let me get this straight." 

Cross and Dream were currently sat at a small circular table in Killer's dining room, joined by the homeowner and a very tall ghost that glowed a soft blue. When they'd arrived, said ghost was the one to answer the door for them, a handful of cards in his semi-transparent hoodie pocket. Killer had quickly dealt them in while they explained their situation. The skeleton with the tear stains put a yellow card down on the discard pile with a heavy sigh. 

"You kept a ghost item which you found in my dusty ass attic, brought it home with you , and then this genius actually put it on??" Killer gestured at Cross, the monochrome skeleton scowling at him as he drew a card. 

"I didn't exactly know I was going to be possessed by a stab-happy kid." Cross muttered through his teeth.

The ghost with them snorted, slapping down a wild card and calling out the new color. 

"You'd think now knowing what it was or where it came from would, you know, prevent you from wearing it. Uno, by the way." 

"God dammit Dust, you know I don't have any red cards, asshole!" Killer reached across the table, grabbing an empty cup and chucking it through the ghost's head before reluctantly drawing a card.

"He's right, though. You shouldn't mess with what you're unfamiliar with, especially if- uh, whatever he is to you- just came back from a haunted house!" Killer pointed in Cross' direction again.

"Okay, we get it. How do we get this ghost out of him?" Dream was already beyond tired of all the bickering, game-related arguments included. 

"That's the fun part." Their host grinned, leaning forward on the table. Dust turned his empty hood with the singular, two-colored eye in their direction, his red pupil dilating.

"You don't." The ghost quietly set down his last card, leaning back in his seat. "Especially since we know next to nothing about the ghost that's possessing you, besides the fact that both them and the other kid up there hung themselves in that very attic." Dust's eye light flattened out to look like it had closed. "Suicidal ghost's ain't easy. They wanted to be here, and it sure doesn't look like it wants to leave you ." The eye opened back up, the red now a small pinprick in the circle of blue.

Killer nodded slowly in agreement. "Yep. Pretty much every other ghost here was murdered or killed by accident. Though I do think.." 

Both Dust and the host went silent, looking at each other. The blue ghost sighed, Cross and Dream turning their attention to him. Dust sat up straight, staring them down. 

"There is one ghost here, far older than the rest of us. That one might be able to help you out, if it likes you." 

"It won't be cheap, either," Killer said. "And I'm not talking like, first born child shit. If it decides it's worth it enough, he's gonna at least want one of you guys dead. Here. Forever."