"I understand that." Hazelspring mewed with sympathy in her voice. "Wanna hear a story about when me and my sisters were younger?"

Owlbreeze perked up her ears, she thought a story would definitely keep her mind occupied and Poppysong looked interested as well. "Sure, it could help pass the time."

"We were only about ten moons old at this point." Hazelspring began. "Our father was a kittypet who didn't really want to raise kits, so our mother raised us all on her own, but she had passed three moons earlier. I was the oldest, so I kept us all together. We ended up in some twolegplace trying to find food. When you live as a loner with low access to food, sometimes you have to make due with what scraps you can find.

"I caught the scent of something good coming from one of the twoleg nests so I went to go check it out. I told Briarfall and Riverstep to stay behind and keep an eye out. I snuck into the back garden of the twoleg nest and found a bunch of them standing around this weird object, they had their weird food on top of it and it was sitting on top of fire!"

Owlbreeze eyes widened slightly. "Twolegs are so weird..."

"They are, but it smelled really good and we were hungry so I waited. I watched them for a while, being loud and obnoxious and they had a dog with them. I've been around dogs a lot, so I wasn't too scared. I just waited until they turned their back. When they finally did I went after the food. I jumped up onto the weird platform they had and saw the fire. There was a plate of the weird smelling food, but it still looked good. It looked they burned it with the fire, but I grabbed one of the pieces.

"It was weird, similar to prey but no fur, no bones and it was long like a stick. " Owlbreeze tried her best to picture such a strange thing, but found herself struggling, she stayed silent and let Hazelspring continued. "I brought it back to Riverstep and Briarfall and we ate it. It tasted unlike any prey I had ever had before, and it tasted like smoke but it wasn't terrible? But I never did steal food from twolegs."

"That sound so bizarre." Poppysong replied, twitching her tail. "I've seen twolegs using fire on their prey before, I never understood why they would mess with something so dangerous."

"Maybe we could ask one of the former kittypets." Owlbreeze suggested. "Maybe they would know why twolegs do such weird things."

"I've talked to Sorrelfern a few times about her life is a kittypet and she told me all kinds of weird things that they do! She said they bathe themselves by standing under rain that can they can turn off an on!"

Owlbreeze tilted her head. "That sounds impossible, how can they do that..?"

"No idea." Poppysong shook her head. "Like I said, twolegs are crazy and do crazy things." She thought for a moment. "Reminds me of a time when I almost got caught by the twolegs! I wandered into one of their gardens cause they had catmint, I didn't know what it was at the time I just liked the smell and three twoleg kits surrounded me, they were pulling on my tail and my paws. I didn't want to hurt them cause they were just kits but I clawed one of them good on their faces. This let me run away but they were furious and so were their parents."

"Twoleg kits are the worst." Hazelspring replied with a twitch of her tail. "I've seen two week old kits more well behaved than them! They tried to grab Riverstep once and me and Briarfall had to send it running."

"I haven't really dealt with many twolegs." Owlbreeze replied. "We don't get a lot of them around here as I'm sure you've noticed."

"Yeah but you have plenty of Clan stories." Hazelspring noted.

"Most of them happened before I was born." Owlbreeze laughed quietly. "But I used to listen to elder stories all the time, I could tell you one." Hazelspring and Poppysong both nodded eagerly. "I know you learned about Thornstar, but did you ever hear about Echoheart?"