Chapter 33 - Back to Hogwarts

★ timeskip ★

Y/n's POV

I was filled with a strange feeling of euphoria and gloominess today. What a paradox it was! We were going back to Hogwarts, our home, today. In fact, we were presently on board the Hogwarts Express, sitting in a compartment we found after searching through. Harry had told me everything about his hearing, he had told me how he was stunned on seeing the insides of the Ministry, how his hearing went with every tiny detail possible to be told, along with Professor Dumbledore's intervention, how he subtly blamed the Ministry for the dementor's attack, and how finally, Harry was cleared of all the charges on him.

Although, I came to know that Dumbledore refused to talk to Harry anything anymore after that, and Harry couldn't thank him properly. Later on, he had met dad, who showed him the picture of the original Order of The Phoenix.

Currently, I looked up from the book I was reading, and turned my head to the right. His reflection was painted on my eye lenses. His head restart on the glass of the windowpane. Perhaps, his eyes were closed too.

"Harry?" I called out to him almost in a soft whisper. He didn't respond, neither verbally, nor physically. A frown formed on his face. Is it another nightmare or vision or something?

"Harry," I said, keeping a hand on his arm. He suddenly opened his eyes, and straightened himself.

"Sorry."

"For what?"

"For... Uh..."

"See. You're apologising unnecessarily. Did something happen?"

"No, it's just..." he paused, sighed and shrugged, "I saw Voldemort."

I let out a small gasp. I was about to speak something, when... I saw Hermione and Ron sit down on the opposite seats. Harry shook his head slightly, intending me not to speak anything about this. I shut my mouth, deciding to not speak anymore, and looked back into my book.

It was hard to focus. I was zoning out every now and then, and couldn't comprehend the words I was reading. My brain was a total mess. Was I stressing a little too much? About everything?

'Why does Harry have such a hard life?' I thought, taking a glance at him. 'Why doesn't Voldemort leave him alone?! What does he want?' The words in the books were getting blurry, even if I had my glasses on. He deals with everything, god knows how? And here I am, thinking how I will handle the insults thrown on me for being a mudblood. Why- Why am I becoming such a pathetic person!? I shouldn't care! I know I shouldn't! Hermione doesn't overthink every night, does she? Why me? Or am I going crazy??...

"Will my friends leave me just because I'm a mudblood?" I thought.

"Hey don't call yourself that!" Harry told me, in a slight scolding-tone. I looked up from my book once again. To my disappointment, I had said that out loud.

"Oh, um...no, I mean..." I spoke quietly. What was I doing? I didn't know.

"Y/n, will you stop it?!" Hermione scolded me next, with a frown of fury on her face. I knew I had messed up. WHERE WERE THESE THOUGHTS EVEN COMING FROM?

"I'm sorry Hermione," I said, looking back down into my book. That's when I heard a group of students snickering. All four of us looked at the compartment door, and saw Malfoy and his minions walking past.

"Bloody hell. What were they laughing at?" Ron asked.

We exchanged looks of confusion, as none of us could figure out the reason. I shook off the matter, but a miserable feeling still lingered on to me. Stop it, okay? Stop it! Stop being so sensitive! You're strong, aren't you? What happened to the old badass Y/n? Since when did she become such a vulnerable pathetic little girl? Just. Stop.