Ch 12 - Buckbeak's execution and the truth revealed

TW: Blood

Harry's POV

Few days pass. Today was the most terrible day. Buckbeak was going to be put to death. Y/n and Hermione were continuously shedding tears and I and Ron kept comforting them.

"I can't believe they are gonna kill Buckbeak, it's just too horrible" said Hermione.

"It just got worse."

"Malfoy? What's he doing here?" said Y/n totally enraged, "I am not gonna leave that bloody Malfoy." After that Y/n started running towards him with those familiar stomping feet.

"Y/n!! Wait!" I called out to her but she didn't seem to hear anyone. Hermione followed her too. I and Ron exchanged looks and started following them.

"Look who's here" said one of Malfoy's goons.

"Ah, come here to see the show!" mocked Malfoy. Hermione speeded up her pace with Y/n.

"YOU," said Y/n.
"YOU FOUL" next was Hermione.
"LOATHSOME" continued Y/n.
"EVIL" followed Hermione again.
"LITTLE COCKROACH!!" said the girls in unison, pointing their wands at Malfoy.

Oh no.

"Hermione, no!"

"Y/n, no!"

I and Ron said together. The girls still had their wands pointed. Ron continued, "He's not worth it!"

Both of them lowered their wands. But Malfoy, not scared of what the girls could do, laughed. Hermione couldn't control herself anymore. It went just too far. And there she went, punched him in the face which made Malfoy let out a yell for pain.

Malfoy whimpered, "My f-father wou-would he-hear...Oww" cried Malfoy again, because Y/n stomped her foot on his foot this time.

"We don't care what your father would do" said Y/n crossing her arms. She looked at the minions. "Looks like you all want something!" she said with that badass sassiness.

It triggered them all to run away like cowards. "That felt good" said Hermione smiling, and Y/n too smiled widely. Ron replied, "That was not good. That was brilliant!" I nodded my head in agreement. We all laughed.

"I think we should go before it gets too late" said Y/n reminding us that we were here to meet Hagrid. We kept walking to reach Hagrid's hut. Ron and Hermione went on but Y/n stopped right before Buckbeak. I stopped too, beside her. My eyes being still on the most beautiful girl ever, I spoke softly, "Y/n?" She wiped her tears and said, "Let's go!"

When we got inside we all asked Hagrid why don't we set Buckbeak free. He replied, "They'd know it was me and then Dumbledore 'ould get into t'ouble," he looked outside through the window, "he's coming, Dumbledore. He says he wants to be with me when they... when it happens. Great man, Dumbledore, great man."

"We'll stay with you too Hagrid," protested Hermione, with all of us nodding.

"You will not do such a thing! You think I want you all to see something like that? No never!"
"But Hagrid..." Y/n started.

"Just drink off your tea and be off. And oh, before you do, Ron I have something for you" Hagrid opened a box and handed something to Ron.

"Scabbers!!! You... You're alive!"

"Oh Ronald, just look. You were unnecessarily angry at Hermione. How stupid of you?" said Y/n but Hermione interrupted.

"Yeah I think that means you owe someone an apology!"
"Right. Next time I'll see Crookshanks I'll let him know."