Chapter 13 - The time-turner and the rescue

Y/N's POV

After realising about the chaos going on in the present time, Harry held my hand and started running. We reached the lake, where Dad was in his human form. He was badly hurt.

"Sirius!"
"Dad!" I said as tears started forming in my eyes. I had just met him. He wasn't going to die, was he?

Harry turned him over.

"SIRIUS!!!"
"DAD!!! WAKE UP!"
We both yelled in unison. I started crying.

"Y/n, it's not the time to cry!"
"Harry," I pointed at Dad, "what will happen?"

Harry's POV

I couldn't see Y/n cry. Was this the end of everything? I don't know why trouble always finds me. And now, Y/n also has to suffer, just because of me. Suddenly the lake froze, we started feeling cold. It seemed as if Y/n's tears also dried up. Suddenly Sirius started screaming looking upwards. We too looked up. The dementors were here. Hundreds of them! Y/n started looking for her wand. What was she trying to do?

"Harry, have you seen my wand?"

"No" but I remembered it, "Wait, wasn't it with Hermione?" I said, after which she furrowed her brows and facepalmed.

One dementor came and tried to take Sirius' soul away. I stood up and yelled. "EXPECTO PATRONUM!!" a light illuminated from my wand. It worked...but only for a few seconds. Y/n stood up and snatched my wand, "EXPECTO PATRONUM!!!" she yelled. Nothing happened.

"MERLIN'S BEARD! YOUR WAND DOEsn't obey my or...ders..." she was saying something more but soon after I was not able to stand. Neither was she. We both fell down to our knees. I still didn't understand, how could Y/n cast a patronus? She can't, because she didn't know how to! Oh no, the dementors started coming towards us.

"AHH!!"
"AHHHH!!"

We both were screaming. "Why...the...gave...my wand... Hermione...took it?" Y/n said. But neither was the able to speak clearly, nor I was able to hear clearly. And then she fainted.

"Y/n!!"

One dementor came and...and, oh no, please no, Sirius's soul. It was coming out of his mouth. One dementor was feeding on Y/n, but I could do nothing due to my weakness. How dreadful! I should be ashamed of myself. I couldn't even conjure a patronus, especially when it's needed.

Then suddenly my gaze turned across a lake, an illuminated Stag and an illuminated..... What was that animal? I couldn't recognise it. Most probably both were patronuses, very powerful ones. The unrecognised patronus remained for a few minutes and then disappeared. Both were casted by someone like... dad?! The dementors were swarming away.

Was it my dad who was casting the patronuses? Sirius was alive, his soul was inside him. But before I could come to the conclusion about who casted the Patronus, everything blurred. I had fainted, along with Y/n.

_Time skip_

I opened my eyes. Where was I? What was this place? Oh, the hospital wing. Hermione was talking to Ron, who laid on the bed beside her. I got up and wore my glasses.

Where is Y/n?

I started searching for her. There was she on the bed next to me. I rushed to her bed. She was slowly opening her eyes. Some kind of realisation struck her. She got up too, climbed down the bed and went to Hermione, as fast as she can. I tried to stop her but she was fast. She dragged Hermione to a corner.

"Hermione, give me my wand! RIGHT NOW!" she ordered.

"Ok, calm down. Here you go" she gave it to her.