•❣•୨୧ 𝙎𝙥𝙚𝙚𝙘𝙝𝙡𝙚𝙨𝙨 ୨୧•❣•

Start from the beginning

As he held her close, she couldn't resist tracing the contours of his chiseled chest with tender strokes, reveling in the physical intimacy they shared.

Looking up into his eyes from beneath her dark lashes, she spoke softly. "Mr. Jung-"

He chuckled softly, interrupting her. "Call me Ji-seok-" Cupping her chin gently, he lifted her face to his, his thumb caressing her bottom lip.

Giggling, she kissed his palm. "Okay, Ji-seok. But I need to leave; it's almost 9 p.m., and my family will be worried."

He squinted, his brow furrowing. "Why don't you stay here...with me? It's already so late." He hoped she would agree to spend the rest of the night with him.

The temptation to stay and indulge in their time together was strong.

Noémie sighed regretfully. "Even if I wanted to, we both know we can't continue this... arrangement. I know you're involved with someone else, and I'm sorry for allowing you to cheat on her-literally."

She felt a pang in her heart, knowing he belonged to another woman, and indulging in this affair would only bring her unnecessary pain.

Mr. Jung wiped his face, acknowledging her words. "You're right, Noèmie. It's unfair to you. Jess and I have put our relationship on hold once again. I haven't seen her in person for almost eight months, and I haven't been with a woman since..." His distress was evident; discussing Jessica left him feeling guilty.

Pursing her lips, she asked softly, "Even during this hiatus... do you still love her?" She held her breath, awaiting his response.

He looked down sadly into her eyes and nodded. "Noèmie, I love her. I've loved her for ten years, and I'm struggling to understand my feelings right now... it's physically painful."

She gently stroked his hair and pressed her lips against his warm ones. "You were lonely, and I was there. Hoseok, I don't expect anything from you. You love her, and she doesn't need to know about this lapse in judgment. It would only hurt her. What happened today, happened. I have no regrets. But it'll be too uncomfortable to continue working here--"

She shivered slightly in fear. Working alongside him would only serve as a painful reminder, and she knew she had fallen for him completely. It was better to end things cleanly, say goodbye, and move on with their lives.

Ji-seok sighed deeply. "I'm sorry, Noèmie. I was lonely, but I'm drawn to you. I know that. And I can't continue feeling this way with you around. Leading you on is wrong, especially when I still love someone else. Please forgive me."

She gave a small smile. "I was well aware of what I was doing. But Ji-seok, if you were so easily swayed to invite me to your bed, don't you think there's something seriously lacking in your current relationship? Another woman could easily seduce you, though it may not be me in the future. You need to reassess your relationship with Jess. Do you truly love her enough to marry her? And does she genuinely love you enough to marry you? That's what you should consider."

Ji-seok nodded, taking a deep breath. "...I still love her, Noèmie, and if she forgives me... we'll work it out."

Noèmie smiled softly. "Then you have nothing to worry about, Ji-seok... I wish you luck in your future. May I use your bathroom for a moment?" As she lifted her face from his warm chest, her hair cascaded like a glorious, glossy curtain over her bare shoulders, and she gently caressed his cheek with her thumb one last time.

He smirked. "Sure, you can. My shower is voice-activated. Just say... hot or cold... and how you want your water... medium hot or ice cold. Okay?"

She widened her eyes as she stood by the bed, the golden bed throw covering her body. That's what she called living the high life. Her face flushed as she noticed his sparkling eyes roving over her with a smirk.