•❣•୨୧ 𝙁𝙞𝙧𝙨𝙩 𝙀𝙣𝙘𝙤𝙪𝙣𝙩𝙚𝙧 ୨୧•❣•

All of a sudden, there was a loud noise that sounded like a thunderous boom, and then a shattering crash followed

All of a sudden, there was a loud noise that sounded like a thunderous boom, and then a shattering crash followed. The screech of tires tore through the air, scraping against the blistering, hot tar road.

A loud noise of metal striking against metal filled the air, along with a chilling scream. Amidst this chaos, the tranquil fluttering of a bird's wings, abruptly disrupted, fluttered away. Then, as swiftly as it began, an eerie silence enveloped her senses in its aftermath. That was the extent of her perception at that moment.

"Goodness gracious! Noémie, are you okay?" came an anxious cry. Noémie let out a groan as she lay on the scorching tar road, struggling to open her deep, liquorice-black eyes against the glaring sunlight filtered through her red and yellow helmet's glass visor. All she could discern were hazel-brown eyes peering down with concern, trying to assess any injuries. The face above her began to pale with worry, a hint of fear creeping into their expression, their scared eyes almost on the verge of tears.

Squinting, Noémie recognized her cousin looming over her, offering assistance. Ha-Ni gently supported her, helping her to sit upright. Glittering stars danced before her eyes, and Noémie sensed a searing pain in her lower back. The impact on her head started to pulsate, prompting Noémie to raise her hand and instinctively grip her forehead in discomfort.

"Oh, mon dieu, ça fait mal! (Oh my gosh, it hurts.)! Please, Ha-Ni, help me stand up." Ha-Ni assisted Noémie in rising on her unsteady legs. The delivery scooter looked rather sad on its side by the road's vision and struggled to focus on the damage, noticing a shattered front window and a slightly skewed appearance.

A deep sigh escaped Noémie as she envisioned her uncle's inevitable outbursts upon discovering the state of one of his delivery vehicles. As the door slammed shut and angry footsteps approached, Noémie could only see the shiny, snake-leather shoes directly in front of her while she remained seated.

"What the hell! Can't you read when the stop sign says stop? You stop! Are you a bloody moron!?" A man in an expensive charcoal-coloured Armani suit stood there, glaring down at her, his dark eyes flashing with rage and frustration behind his stylish amber-coloured sunglasses, his hands gesturing wildly in exasperation.

Noémie furrowed her brows, observing the rather attractive man. A small snort escaped her, surprising herself. She attempted to suppress a smirk but failed. He reminded her of the passionate Latin males she remembered from her hometown, though the situation was anything but amusing. The man was furious.

All Noémie witnessed was her timid cousin stepping forward with renewed courage, bravely facing the angry man on their behalf. "Sir, please accept our apologies. Noémie is unfamiliar with some of the new traffic signs," Ha-Ni explained uneasily. The man emitted an intimidating aura, causing Noémie to glance incredulously between her nervous cousin and the man in front of her.

What the hell! She's fluent in Korean; she can read signs. It was her right of way when she noticed a speeding black vehicle flying in front of them as if demons were chasing it.