•❣•୨୧ 𝙏𝙚𝙢𝙥𝙩𝙖𝙩𝙞𝙤𝙣 ୨୧•❣•

Comincia dall'inizio

While handing out drinks from behind the counter, Noémie couldn't shake the unnerving gaze of Mr. Kang and Mr. Jung, leading her to accidentally spill a glass or two of expensive wine, earning a warning glance from Ajijs.

Ajij subtly raised his eyebrows, a warning for her to handle the expensive drinks with care. Noémie scoffed inwardly, questioning why they hadn't enlisted one of the more competent waiters from the restaurant's pool of eager candidates for the coveted Dream Team. She cringed at the thought of being in Mr. Imbecile's presence; his heated stares made her uneasy.

As Mr. Kang Tae-wook and a charming, lanky man with a winsome grin approached the drinks table, Noémie took a deep breath, putting on a polite smirk while nervously intertwining her hands. The handsome man, Mr. Park Kang-min, had smooth, gelled dirty-blonde hair and exuded friendliness. Bong-Cha's mention of the 'Spoiled Brat Society' had surprised her, revealing Mr. Park as a professional flirt who had previously engross with Hajoon. Although Hajoon knew how to return the flirtation, she maintained a respectful and professional distance.

"Are you the recent hire Ji-seok brought on board?" Mr. Park inquired, studying her face with raised eyebrows. He marveled at  her huge licorice-colored eyes, framed by thick black eyelashes, a cute straight button nose, and full, kissable lips. Her flawless porcelain skin, adorned with a natural blush, caught his appreciation. It was evident why his friend, Ji-Seok seemed disoriented in her presence.

"Only a casual, temporary hire," you politely convey while handing them each a glass of sweet white wine and offering a bow. His smirk suggests insider knowledge, leaving Mr. Kang Tae-wook with a furrowed brow, intrigued by the teasing glint in his friend's eyes.

"Oh, is that so... just a temporary hire?" he grins, taking the wine glass and briefly touching her fingers, followed by a wink, a small head bow, and a move towards Ajij, stationed in front of the finger luncheon serving two members. Noémie is puzzled by the apparent double meaning. Mr. Jeong Jungwon, a younger Elite member with a calm and intimidating demeanor, inquires about food options with Ajij. He, too, is attractive with large soulful eyes and a half-smirk as he enjoys meaty pies. As the CEO of a shipping conglomerate, Mr. Jeon is married with a child and another on the way.

"So, Miss, have we met before?" Mr. Kang's quiet voice draws Noémie's attention. Sipping his wine, he gazes at her with sheer amusement in his light eyes. They lock eyes and share an amused smile.

Noémie took a deep breath and spoke softly, "Please, pretend you don't know who I am. Mr. Imbecile—uh, I mean Mr. Jung—might have strange ideas and fire the entire crew because of me. I'll inform you later." He grinned and smirked lightheartedly, finding her humor amusing. Taewook wondered if his friend Ji-seok knew what she almost called him behind his back, pondering their explosive relationship.

"I'm glad to hear that... so you're the girl that cost my friend some valuable sleep, Ms. Seo," he chuckled. Recalling Ji-seok's complaints at Elite Club gatherings about a rude French girl challenging him, Taewook noted the older Hyungs teasing Ji-seok, suggesting he found her captivating.

 She glanced over to where Mr. Jung played snooker with another member, Mr. Han Hyung-joon, a renowned publisher with reddish-brown wavy hair and adorable dimples. Bong-cha mentioned he was a highly esteemed author of espionage novels, some adapted into films. These successful, young guys intrigued her.

They shared a good laugh at a snarky joke from Mr. Min Yo-hun, the stoic one. Noémie was surprised at how attractive Mr. Imbecile looked in his casual designer wear, exuding comfort and contentment with his brothers.

As a strange emotion entered her heart, Noémie gulped and swiftly suppressed it. What was the matter with her? Why were unfamiliar butterflies wreaking havoc in her stomach? Her gaze wavered on his sharp jaw and cupid bow lips, captivated as he leaned over the pool table. The play of muscles beneath his black silky shirt revealed defined abs, igniting a subtle fire of attraction that flashed in her eyes.