•❣•୨୧ 𝙁𝙧𝙚𝙚 𝙘𝙪𝙞𝙨𝙞𝙣𝙚 ୨୧•❣•

Start from the beginning

"My" My name is Seo Noèmie, and I'm a Paris-based French-Korean. I'm one of THE HOUSE CARTIER's senior designers. I'm in Seoul for the Kim Contemporary Gallery's exclusive Diamond exhibition. I'll be staying for a few weeks, opening two new stores in the Coex Mall and Gangnam-Gu fashion district. As you can see, ma'am, I need to work on the exhibition, which is due in a few weeks. I've also wasted time at the hotel. Our items will arrive next week, and I must be present to ensure that they are genuine and secure." Noémie tried to explain to a matriarch who looked wide-eyed. The collection itself is worth a few billion dollars.

She apologizes, "Oh my...and Ji-soek doesn't want you to leave." She is familiar with her son. He is determined, but she has a sneaking suspicion that this girl has captured his attention. She is well acquainted with Cartier's exhibitions. In their circles, it was well-publicized.

She had a sudden, worried expression. "I'll speak with him and get you off the hook."

Noémie has a mischievous smirk on her face. "Ma'am, please. I'm sorry for breaking our agreement. I don't want to spend nights in prison. If at all possible, please allow him to give me a few days off or allow me to go home earlier so that I can complete my duties. Perhaps I can pressure him to fire me, but it could get ugly." Her face turned apologetic. She wants him to have a bitter aftertaste in his mouth and make him wish he hadn't met her.

"Well, then, I'll leave you and Ji-seok to sort out your issues," Ms. Jung beams at the enterprising girl. "Please be careful. My son is not the type of man to take things lightly. But I'm hoping to see him a little more "relaxed." She smiles as she strokes her chin delicately.

Ji-seok has finally found his match in the form of this French girl who isn't swooning over his celebrity. Most girls would chase him down, but not this one. She was trying to get away from him.

Noémie,this girl, adds a little excitement to the life of her workaholic son. He doesn't discuss his prospective hotel with his family, but he does complain about this obnoxious "French brat." She and Mejiwoo used to laugh at his latest "not-so-good" employee antics.

"All right, Ms. Seo. You have a French-Korean background. How are your parents doing?" She asks with keen interest. The girl reminded her of someone dear to her.

"Oh, my father is a French diplomat, and my mother is a former journalist who is now the CEO of a design magazine. I grew up as an only child." You enjoyed talking about your parents. Ms. Jung threw out a gasp.

"You remind me of an old high school and university friend...who I haven't seen in years—Han Ara. Your mouth and your facial features" She seemed to be analyzing Noémies' face. For four years, she and her friend were separated and didn't communicate. What are the chances of seeing her daughter before her? Is it indeed Little Noems?

Noémie's eyes widen. "Oh, mon Dieu! Oh my goodness! My mother's name is Ara, but she is better known in the fashion industry as Alma Seo. What a small world we live in! Before she had her whirlwind marriage to my dad, she worked as a traveling journalist for several years." She was utterly shocked.

"Well, well, what a small world we are living in—both of us with only one child—estranged or divorced with our husbands—so how is my whimsical Ara doing?" Noémie was telling her about her mother's whereabouts and that she might come to Seoul for the exhibition.

Mrs. Jung informed Noémie about her and her mother's college adventures. Until her mother moved to Europe to pursue her postgraduate studies in France, Noémie was astounded, and she continued to be mystified as to how life could be so cruel as to ruin Ms. Jung's life by giving her such an arrogant, hot-headed son.

When they reached the small, middle-class neighborhood, she showed Mrs. Jung the house she was staying at. Mrs. Jung was surprised that she wasn't staying alone. Noémie informed her that she would be staying with her family for a month or two. She expressed her thankfulness and waved goodbye.