Chapter 2: Beach Episode

Author notes: there's not really smut in this chapter, just some aggressive making out and touching 🫶

______________

The next day, she was out and about shopping for new clothes, looking around her surroundings from time to time, hoping to spot the oni.

Itto was walking through the market, munching on a sweet potato while looking over some merchandise. He stopped and looked around, his eyes scanning the area. Then, he noticed a familiar head of hair. Itto’s heart skipped a beat as he spotted you in a booth, picking out a new dress. He couldn't wait to talk to you, to hear your voice again. He quickly finished the sweet potato and marched over to you with a smile.

"Hey! You're here too! Fancy running into you again!"

You turned to look at him, hoping your excitement to see him again was not too obvious, trying to keep your cool.

"Hey!" You greeted back.

"So what are you getting? Is that a new dress?" Itto asked nonchalantly, trying to make small talk before shifting the conversation back to yesterday’s topic.

"Hey, you know... I never got your name. What is it?"

You giggled, giving your name.

"I was hoping to bump into you again~" you smiled.

"What a nice name!" He repeated your name as he looked you up and down, smiling brightly.

"I think we'd have more fun if we were shopping together. What do you say? Do you mind if I join you?" He leaned against the wall and put his arms behind his head, a cocky expression across his face.

You grin, forming a plan in your head.

"Sure! I was planning on going near the sea today so I'm hoping to pick out a swimsuit~ mind helping me pick one out~?"

Itto raised his eyebrows slightly, the idea of seeing you in a swim suit sending his mind to places it shouldn’t be. He had to focus on keeping his cool. It’s only swimming attire. It’s only swimming attire.

“Hehe… I’d love to pick one out for you."

You smile slyly, grabbing onto his arm to guide him through stores.

Browsing, you find one that caught your eye, immediately pulling on itto to try it out in the dressing room.

He smiles as you pull him along. He looks at the swimsuit and whistles. It’s a simple one-piece with a small slit on the side and a bit of lace. It’s perfect for showing off your figure while also keeping things modest.

“Hey, that’s actually pretty nice! But don’t you think it’s a little… plain for you?” He gives your arm a little tug, teasing you.

"Hmm... how about...you pick one out for me then?"

Itto was almost certain this was a setup. He’d fall in love with you if he wasn’t on his game. But he was up to the challenge.

He thought for a moment before finding a pink bikini with frilly straps across the chest and a lace border around it. As he held it out for you, he tried to keep his voice in check.