THREE

“Urgh, this is so tiring. Meeting nonstop, classes, assignments… I cant wait to finish this project soon,” I said to Winter and Haewon. Sullyon just got back home yesterday evening as today was weekend. She told us every weekend she will goes back home unless there is something going on during weekends.

“Relax, soon it will be over and till then just enjoy it,” told Winter.

I just rolled my eyes to her, earning a laugh from Winter.

“Hey guys, I’m hungry. Do you guys wanna order something?” Haewon suddenly asked. Haewon is always hungry yet she still has a small body.

Winter and I agreed to order something and I decided to eat something simple because I’m broke as hell.

Ever since this semester, all my money had gone to our projects and my food and I can barely put aside my money for savings. I wanted to ask my mom or my dad but I felt guilty and I don’t want them to be worry of me. Luckily my roommates were kind, sometimes they offered to share food with me and didn’t even ask any penny to pay them back. I’m so grateful to have them as my roommates.

The four of us roommates would always be together wherever we go and we didn’t even mix with the others. Except for Haewon, she started to mix with the others because she is so friendly and know how to mix with people. I wanted to be like her but I just cant mix with them. I didn’t know how to start a conversation or anything.

BECAUSE I AM SHY. TOO SHY. URGH.

Sometimes I hate this attitude of mine because it makes my life difficult. I don’t have the guts to talk with people unless they are my friends, even when I want to pay for my things at shop, I need someone to accompany me. I tried to be more independent or whatever it is but still I cant. I will get nervous easily. Winter always try to help me to overcome it and there was some improvements in me.

While we were having our lunch, my phone rang. I sighed when I saw the contact name.

Jaehyun ❤️

The last time he texted me was this morning, which was kinda good cause he didn’t even reply to my texts the day before. I almost wanted to ignore him in a few days but then he did reply me.

I picked up the call. Usually I would feel excited whenever he calls me, but not today. Not this call.

“Hey babyy,” I heard his voice from the side of the call. It was kinda noisy which means he was at work.

“Hey Jae, wassup?”

“Kinda busy today, but I’m good. I miss youu…”

I was kinda cringe when he said that or must I say, annoyed?
Huh? Miss me? Yet still leaving me in seen every single time.

“Hmm, okay. Have you eaten?” I asked, ignored to what he said.

“Nope, not yet. Still waiting for my friend to get me some food. Have you eaten?” he asked.

“Yeah, I’m still eating actually.”

“Oh really? I’m sorry to disturb you.”

“Nah, that’s okay,” I said, taking a sip of my coke drink.

“Babe, my food is here. I’ll catch up with you later okay? Bye, love you !”

“Okay, bye,” I said then ended the call.

Catch up with me soon? I don’t think so.

I continued to eat while my mind was thinking so much things.

I’ve been thinking this thought for a month but I cant decide about it. However now, I’ve made up my mind.

I should break up with him.

✎✎✎✎✎✎✎

“Any progression about our projects or any changes you guys wanna make?” asked Mr Jay. We were discussing about our kayaking project which was going to be next week and we still have a lot to prepare such as the budget, life jackets, food to provide and many more.

Our leader for this project raised his hands and told Mr Jay about their progressions and so on. To be honest, I don’t really know about this project because the member of the highest positions didn’t tell us much about the progressions so we just follow the flow.

“About our budget? Still enough?” Mr Jay asked. Then I saw Emery raised her hands.

Ohh, she was the treasurer. She has a book in her hands to which I think her records of budget then started to explain to Mr Jay. He just responded with a nod.

I focus on her and listen to every word she said although I didn’t really understand about it. I just realized one more thing about her- she has a gentle voice for an out-going person like her. I didn’t expect that. Because she is kinda the talkative one in the class especially with her friends. I would always see her joking around and teasing her friends.

How do I know about all this? It’s because I observed her all the time. Like I said, I was curious of her and I do actually want to talk with her, get to know each other but me being me.

Shy.

Last few days, one of our lecturer asked about her previous school which was one of the famous sport school in the country and that was the time that I found a lot about her. She was an international badminton athlete, went to that school for three years before move back to her own hometown then went to another sport school again. Guess her life mostly about sports.

I really do wanna get to know her more.