Chapter 33: The Dango Adventure

Start from the beginning

"A few counterfeit bills have been found in the city recently." Haibara told us. "Rumor is, an international criminal organization is involved."

"So you mean that grandma was a criminal?!" the detective boys gasped, jumping to conclusions.

"No, if she was she wouldn't have asked us to catch the bill." Haibara explained.

**********

"Conan-kun, the bill felt a bit damp when I touched it." Ayumi piped up.

I touched the bill. "It feels sticky..."

"It must be that." Conan ran to a vending machine and peeked underneath it. "There's a phone and spilled orange juice."

"What does this mean, Conan-kun?" Ayumi asked

"Most likely the culprit intended to purchase a drink with the counterfeit bills. A gust of wind must have blown his money away as he was drinking his juice. But he couldn't get it all, and left without realizing he dropped his phone." Conan explained.

"But that means..." Haibara said.

"Yeah, the person is likely to come back and find their lost bills." Conan told us.

"A stakeout!" the detective boys cheered.

"We should call the police." Haibara suggested. I nodded.

"I'll call Inspector Megure." Conan said and pulled out his phone.

"I'll go with Conan-kun. You guys stay here and listen to Ai-chan alright?" I told the detective boys. I sweatdropped as they hid behind a pillar, already in detective mode.

***********

"They're gone!" I gasped as Conan and I returned to the spot.

"Where did they go?" Conan asked. At that moment, he received a text from Haibara. It read, "Tailing the culprit." she also attached a few photos of a woman with dyed green hair.

"This is bad." Conan panicked.

"You're going to follow them right?" I asked Conan. "Then tell me the directions over the phone and I'll relay them to the police."

He nodded and took off on his skateboard.

**********

"Conan-kun says that the kids are trapped in a moving container, a truck." I told Megure and the others at the station.

"Understood, we'll get the cars ready." Megure replied. "Do you have a clue as to who the culprit is?" he asked.

I showed them a picture of the woman Haibara sent Conan earlier. "This woman is responsible for the counterfeit bills. Conan-kun believes she is a mafia leader."

"I've seen her in the reports. She's Bella Hikifune, if I remember correctly." Takagi said.

"That's dangerous. It's a whole mafia gang that the kids stumbled onto!" Chiba exclaimed.