Parks 'N Recreation..

¥ ..If I ever came into your life I was either your karma or your blessing.. ¥

11 months earlierJune 2 2005

11 months earlier
June 2 2005

Jeru

"..it's like I can't get enough of him Grams. He has the most beautiful smile, smooth skin painted in gold, and the most piercing eyes. Oh my God his eyes are so heavenly. Grams...baby girl when I tell you this man is funny." I laughed pinching the bridge of my nose just thinking about some of the random shit he says. "He's funny. You know I love a nigga that can make me laugh. And he's such a sweet and caring soul. He does so much for his crew and most of all he's about his business." I clapped to emphasize just how kingly my man was.

Crossing my legs I leaned over to where my elbow sunk into my thigh. My hand caressed my head as I continued my praises of the love of my life. "So here's a lil tea—we had a lil date in his office the other day right and guess what? He wants to mentor me. Me! Can you believe it? I still can't. Like Granny all my dreams are coming true. I had it so wrong with El and I see that so clearly now. I was too eager that someone of his caliber looked my way and I jumped the gun. I know better now and I'm taking my time with Van. He's the one! El was just ..practice. That DeVante tho.." I sighed dreamily falling back onto the grassy knoll. "..he's the perfect match for me."

And he was. The more we interacted the more I realized how this was fate. Sure I forced some things to happen, but it's a reason I'm hooked on him. God made him catch my eye and no one can tell me different.

"I just gotta get rid of my loose ends.. and his." I mumbled finishing my thought. That incubator of his had to go. "I ain't a killa but don't push me." I joked lowering my tone to sound like Tupac.

My hand hit the back of the gravestone in jest. One thing bout me and Grams we'd goof off and joke all day. I'm still mad at the old bat for dyin on me. It was so unexpected that my mind still has trouble processing it tho it's been almost seven years. She passed away when I first met Lenardo. She told me he wouldn't be a lasting thing and to just get what I could out of him, but my dumbass really thought he was my jackpot. Looks, talent, and bank. He just wouldn't leave that dumb hoe he's with. De will be different though, he's gonna choose me.