"A boyfriend?" Louis asks, wiggling his eyebrows while doing a little shimmy.

"If I tell you about him, would you pick up the slack here?" He questions and receives an eager nod that he is afraid it will make his head fall off.

"It's a him?! And yes, I will." Louis says, holding up one hand while the other rests over his heart.

"Fine. He's very much the love of my life, and we're slowly working our way up to becoming something, so if you ever meet him, please don't be overbearing about it. It's not like we're hiding it, but we just don't want any attention brought to it. The best friends to soul mates are what we're going for." He explains to him, and his best friend is hooked on every word.

"You don't know how happy you've made me by saying that." Louis says, bumping shoulders with him and trying to ruffle his hair, but his hand is stopped.

"Yup, so that's who has been taking my attention from you." He tells him as Louis goes to use his other hand to ruffle his hair, but he is dodged.

"You can't just leave it there. I need a little more." Louis says, waving for him to continue.

"Well him and his friends like to play this crazy game of pretending to be in the most dangerous situation ever to see if they can get the other person in trouble and embarass them. One time, they tried to convince this officer that I stole their dog as we were walking it. It almost worked." He explains as a seed falls into fresh soil.

"Maybe I should start doing that to you." Louis says, tapping his index finger on his chin as he starts to think of some ideas.

"I swear I would become your worst nightmare if you even attempt it." He tells him, letting his height do all the talking.

"I'm telling your parents that you're threatening me again." Louis states while trying to keep a straight face.

"And I'll tell your girlfriend you keep trying to hang out with me to avoid her." He says, even though they both know he's abnormally in love with her.

"That's low, even for you." Louis responds before both of them start to laugh.

"Ok ok back to the main task at hand." He says as he pushes him out of the room with a shake of his head.

Though he would hate to admit it out loud, he's truly enjoying his time with Louis. He guess this is something he really needed. He has been spending over a year with all his attention on Harry. Come to think of it, he wonders why he hasn't introduced the two of them. He thinks Harry would really like him. He just might set up an outing for the three of them. It'll be even better if Louis could protect him like he would, be his body guard in a way. That way, he wouldn't have to carry too much of the weight of taking care of him. Then again, if too many people start to know about Harry, there will be a lot more lying and avoiding people. It's already starting to give him a headache just thinking about it. Louis will definitely be the only person who knows about Harry.

"So what made you come all the way out here?" Louis asks, crossing his arms over his chest and leaning against the truck.

"As a type of getaway while also having it as a backup home in case something happens to my first home." He says, lifting up his shirt to wipe away the sweat on the side of his face.

"Let me borrow some money so I can have one of my own." Louis tells him, holding his hand out but getting imagination money.

"I never said that this was my home. My parents paid for this while also putting it in their name, so we kind of share it." He says with a shrug.

"Lucky." Louis grumbles to himself before pointing to the few houses he spots."You plan on making friends with the neighbors, which I'm surprised you got a few so close?"

"Maybe. Most likely not, though. I have enough friends as it is." He tells him before piling a bunch of boxes in his arms.

"You're literally only friends with me and Leo, whom you haven't talked to in about a year now." Louis reminds him, trying not to lose his balance at the sudden added weight.

"That still doesn't change our friendship status, plus he's super busy being a travel nurse." He says, playing a random music playlist from his phone.

"Terrible excuses." Louis states after he smacks his teeth.

"Yeah, yeah." He responds before picking up a bunch of boxes as well then heading inside.

Unfortunately, it turns out that Louis had to spend the whole day helping his friend. They both realized how late it was and decided to set everything up inside the house as well. They had gotten pretty far before they decided to call it quits and get some food delivered. Unknown to Louis, he had no idea that when he went off to do stuff, Niall was setting up some alarms and safety locks around the house. Even if he did see him, he probably wouldn't have questioned it. He isn't that observant. After they finished their food, they watched some television until they eventually fell asleep with Niall taking the couch and Louis taking the loveseat..
»»»»»»»»»»»»
Vote

Share

Comment

I think I might be addicted to coffee now. My mom brings me coffee every time she comes in the house. I knew I should have stayed away, but it tastes so good.

Bye my Tell Me A Lie.😮‍💨🥵🤮