3

Angel Reese
"Come on Cam, you promised me!" I said frustratedly as I sat on FaceTime with him.
"I know baby girl and I'm sorry. I really thought I was gone be able to make it, but coach lost his mind and got us doing two a days now," he said as I pouted.
"Okay. When are you gonna be able to come next then?" I asked as he shrugged.
"I'm not sure mama. Imma let you know as soon as I do though, okay?" He said as I rolled my eyes.
"Yeah that's fine. I gotta go, I'm supposed to be meeting Flau for lunch. Bye," I said before hanging up. This was the one time I really hated him here. We were getting our rings tonight and all I wanted was him to be here. I got up and walked into the living room where A was sitting watching Baddies West.
"This some ghetto ass shit," she said making me laugh.
"You look so pretty A. You shoulda wore a ten necklace but guess I can let deuce deuce slide," I said as I sat next to her and laid my head on her lap as I stretched across the couch.

"Girl bye

"Girl bye. I told you to get twenty-two, the best number," She said brushing her fingers through my hair before speaking up again.
"What's wrong Pooh?" I shook my head as she looked down at me.
"Nothing I'm good," I said as she rolled her eyes.
"Angel please remember who you're talking to. I know you like the back of my hand girl," she said as I laughed a bit. It was so true though. I had known A'ja since I was twelve years old, and I'm twenty-one now, so you do the math.
"I really wanted Cam to be here tonight for the ceremony and he promised he would be, but now he's not gonna be able to make it," I said as she sighed.
"Did he say why?" She asked as I nodded.
"He said he can't because he has practice tonight and tomorrow, but A I swear the other day he was telling me they had hell week so this week they'd be off. Shit isn't adding up," I said as she nodded.
"Well babygirl I don't know. I'm sorry that you were disappointed though. You know we're still gonna make tonight so special for you because it's your moment Ang. Don't let that ruin tonight for you okay?" She said as I smiled, sitting up to hug her.
"I love you so much A. You always know what to say," she smiled and patted my back.
"Always. I love you too, now go get dressed before you be late to your own event," she said as I stood up. I went to change my clothes before starting on my hair. We were doing tunnel fits today since they wanted ring night content so I wanted to make sure I looked my absolute best. Also part of me wanted Camron to see what he was missing out on. After laying my edges I sprayed a little water on my hair before fluffing it a bit and looking at myself in the mirror. Yeah I did my big ones.

I walked back out to find A'ja and Flau'jae both waiting on me

"On our time yo ass came on," A'ja said as I flicked her off.
"You got that shit on those Ian gone lie," Flau said as I dapped her up, laughing.
"My bad, y'all ready?" I asked as they both nodded and we headed out, taking my car to the PMAC. When we got out the line ti get in was so damn long I was shocked a little.
"Damn they really fucking with y'all. That's what's up," A said as we walked in. We bypassed everyone heading towards the locker room and as we walked passed each person I could hear the excitement.
"Oh my gosh is that A'ja Wilson?" I heard someone say as I giggled. Cause honestly from the outside looking in  this is probably the most unexpected crossover episode ever. We made it to the netting room where our family members were instructed to be and I saw my mom and Julian making me smile.
"Hey mommy," I said hugging her tightly.
"Hi my love. I'm so so proud of you,"she said for the millionth time. I hugged Ju as my mom got excited seeing A'ja and Flau.
"A'ja don't you have a whole season going on girl?" She asked as she laughed.
"Yeah I told Becky I was gone have to miss a practice or two to come celebrate my baby," she said making me smile. Crazy how she can do that as a professional when it's her job but my damn boyfriend- anyways, I digress. After a while Coach Gary took I up families out to their section court side and we began doing our pregame prep.
———————
I hugged Flau'jae as the buzzer when off and he shot fell in at the same time. The official motioned ti count the basket, but even without it we still would have won. We won our first game of the season against Missouri, 77-57. We ran off the court happily, celebrating with the rest of the team.
"Oh yeah we in here! Ready to get me anotha one of these," she said holding her pinky ringer to her teeth, that held the championship ring. I smiled agreeing. This was just the beginning for her, but my time was ticking on the college level and I wanted to make sure I left my mark for real. Another championship, and back to back at that would solidify it for me.
"Neesah, congrats girl! I'm proud of you," I heard a familiar voice say as I turned around. I saw the boy Hug Aneesah and it clicked when I saw his friend behind him. It was shorty I had met the weekend Raven was here. We made eye contact and he smiled waving at me. I waved back before turning to find my mom.
"Mama we made it," I cheered as she hugged me tightly.
"I know you tried if heaidng it but I'm so proud of you babygirl. I'm gonna call you in the morning I gotta get me. Irresponsible Back home in time for practice. Love you so much," she said kissing my cheek. I did the same before hugging my little big brother and sighing. A walked over after smiled at me.
"I'm finna talk to Hailey for a sec champ, let me know when you're ready to leave," she said as I nodded, cheesing at the new nickname. I felt a tap in my shoulder  causing me to turn around. It was him. He smiled and when I say I could have melted right then and there. He was beautiful to say the least.
"Wassup, I just wanted to congratulate you pretty girl. Ion know if you remember me, but my name Jelani. My brotha, Meech, dating yo girl uh shit what's shorty name?" He said as he thought for a second. I laughed a bit.
"Raven? Yeah that's my best friend. But I remember you, Jelo right?" I asked as he nodded.
"Well thank you Jelo. And thanks for coming out to support, I really appreciate it," I said as he smiled again.
"Always. But uh, I was wondering, ion want to over step, but you wouldn't happen to be single would you?" He asked as I giggled a bit. He looked so big and mean, but he was such a sweetheart.  I shook my head seeing his drop.
"I'm not sorry, thank you though I'm definitely flattered," I said as he nodded.
"I can respect that for sure, but again congrats. Y'all definitely made the whole school proud fa'sho," he said as he held his hand out. I dapped him yk and gave him aside hug.
"See you around," I said as he nodded about to walk away.
"Matter of fact, you tryna come tithe men's home opener? We play tomorrow, same time," he asked as I paused.
"Wait you're on the basketball team? Oh damn I did not know that. But sure y'all cameo out to support us, it's the least I can do. I'll be there," I said as he smiled again.
"Sounds good, see you tomorrow Angel," he says as I smiled. I heard someone clear the throat and turned around to see A'ja smirking.
"Who was that?" She asked as I laughed blushing a little. She gained teasing en immediately.
"Oooh not you blushing. Spill!" She said as I started to head towards the car.
"I don't even know him really. I met him a few weeks again when Raven was here and apparently he plays on our men's team. He was just being nice to me that's all," I said as she narrowed her eyes.
"He look better then what's his face. Imma hold mine though," she said as I tapped her leg.
"He's a good man Savannah! A good man!" I said making her laugh.
"You don't take shit seriously. Damn goofy," she said as we headed back to my apartment.

Excuse all errors
A'jah 🩷