003

Seonghwa 

It took hours to convince my dad to let me go to school because today was the day I was supposed to be moving in. Finally he agreed.

However, I was planning on skipping anyway knowing full well I wouldn't be able to pay attention to the classes. Instead I met Wooyoung at a café so I could just talk to him.

"You're married?!" He almost yelled and I glared at him, "Sorry." He quieted down.

I explained the situation to him and he grew more and more concerned. "So...how is he?" He asked.

"I have no idea, we barely spoke two words to each other the whole time. Not to mention I just embarrassed myself in front of him."

"What did you do?" He asked, sipping on his americano.

"Well he caught me crying." I said, still feeling embarrassed. I should've waited until I got home.

"What did he do?" He continued.

"Nothing. He just offered me his cigarette."

Wooyoung blinked in confusion. "That's all?"

I nodded.

"I'm sorry this happened to you."

"And I have to move in with him today." I said.

"Are you serious?!" He scoffed, "Why? Why can't you guys live separately? Married couples do it all the time."

"My dad wants it to be more authentic. But hey, look at the bright side! I get to move away from my dad."

"In a stranger's house." He said.

"I'm staying positive." I smiled softly at him, taking a drink of my tea.

"Have you eaten today, do you want to get something to eat?" He asked after checking the time.

"No, I should get home anyway. I'm worried they'll throw out most of my stuff if I don't pack it myself."

"Do you want any help?" He asked.

"I appreciate it, but I'll handle it." We both stood up from our seats and he hugged me.

"I'm sorry." He said, then let me go.

His house was...boring. Not to hate on the minimalistic style but it didn't really look like anyone lived here, instead it was just a cover of an interior design magazine.

My room had already been picked out for me and I thanked god for small favors that I didn't have to be in the same room as him.

He also apparently didn't have any servants like my house had, which on one hand was kinda nice but on the other hand made me feel more lonely. That actually surprised me though considering how clean his house was, which helped my anxiety a bit.

I didn't even know where he was but I just decided to focus on getting my room setup. I didn't have much since all I had was what my dad would let me bring. So even when I finished decorating my space, it still didn't feel like mine.

I tried to keep busy with work but quickly grew bored so I decided to snoop.

Who needed such a big house when it was just one person living in it? It was unnecessarily big which made it feel more empty.

While I was looking around the front door opened and he walked in, pausing once he saw me. I could see how uncomfortable he was seeing a random person in his home.

I checked the time, seeing that it was way past dinner time and I haven't even eaten anything today. I looked back to him, "Are you hungry?" I asked. "I can make something."

"If you want to order takeout, you can. I ask for you to not ruin my kitchen." He said and left down the hall.

Sighing, I stood there awkwardly. I didn't even know the address of the house, I didn't have my car and I didn't want to keep bugging him.

It was an internal battle to decide whether to ask him for more help. I already felt sick so I knew I should eat.

After thirty minutes of my stomach in agony, feeling as if it was so starved it started eating itself, I got up from my bed.

I went to his office, standing outside the door, trying to muster the courage to simply knock on it.

I raised my fist but before I could knock, the door opened and he paused when he saw me standing there.

"What?" He asked.

I hesitated, feeling like I wanted to curl up in a ball and die.

"Well?" He pressed.

So awkwardly and quietly I said, "I don't know the address to get takeout."

He sighed, staring at me and his stare made me want to shrink. He went back in his office, grabbing a piece of paper and started writing on it.

He handed it to me, "Is that all you needed?"

"Yes, thank you." I moved out of his way and he walked past me. "Wait, is there anything you want?"

"Just order whatever, I'll eat it." He said.