~later~

"So mum...", growled Gajeel from his couch, "What's with these disgusting outfits?" Gajeel looked... interesting. In his white tux and polished shoes, it was a far stretch from his usual rock n' roll getup. I suppose I looked awful as well. I mean, come on, a shirt? Really mum? Anyways, all four of my brothers were crowded in the lounge, and I was laid back on an armchair, legs stretched out on the coffee table. Jellal was sulking, arms crossed, against the far wall. He looked miserable, but he rocked his suit the best. Natsu? He was sitting cross legged on the rug, sporting a bruised cheek. Real attractive.

Mum looked up from her newest romance novel, 'The Fault In Our Stars'. She wore a smiled in reply to Gajeel's question, and resumed reading. I was worried. WHAT THE CRAP IS HAPPENING?!

Natsu was the first to speak, stammering, "I-it's n-not C-cana is it...?" Yeah. Cousin Cana. She was 23, and a total drunk ass. She carried several bottles of beer with her everywhere she went. Natsu was scared stiff of her. Once, he was 10, she stuffed Natsu into a bus and rode until he barfed last nights' dinner... and the night's before that...

Mum gave a tinkly laugh and fixed her ruby studded crown. "Oh no, no... but perhaps we should invite her for dinner tonight?"

We all shook our heads quickly. An awkward silence hung over us for several minutes.

"Oh shiii...", Jellal murmered, breaking the silence. Mum glared at him. Cussing in our 'house' was punishable by... well, nobody's gotten the guts to try.

"Ships. Yeah. That's what I meant, ships. Errr... I think Disney's making a movie about them. Like Planes, y'know?"

Jellal chuckled nervously.

"So mum... I-it's not P-porlyusica is it? We're not having a checkup, r-right???"

I resisted the urge to laugh.

Jellal despised our family docter, Porlyusica, who paid regular visits to the palace.

She gave us medicine that tasted like poison, 'gummi' vitamins that were as hard as, and probably as nutritious as, rocks. She had a cruel humor, but was really a nice person, when you got to know her...

Mum gave Jellal a disapproving look that only nothers can give. "No, Jellal, honey, it's not her, but-"

"OH THANK GOD!"

Mum just pursed her lips.

Who could it be?

Not Bisca, surely, her and Alzack went to the gun range.

And Grandpa Makarov was baby-sitting Wendy and Romeo...

What about-

"No idiot, 'two' can be spelled two ways."

"CANNOT!"

"Your both the idiots. 'Two' is spelled three ways."

"SHUT UP, I KNEW THAT!!!"

RING! RING! RING!

Mum stood up quickly, dropping her book, and rushed to answer the door. "Finally! The new maids are here!!!", she squealed.

All four of us looked at each other, thouroughly confused.

"Maids...?" Natsu asked, dumbly.

Sure, the maids switched out every 6 months; because they were always old, and got weak; but nobody cared, or acknowledged it. Heck, we didn't even know their names. We just knew them by their numbers. It's more convenient. So what was the big deal about these maids?

We all crowded in the main hallway, listening to mum give her pleasentries.

"Yes, yes, let me get that for you."

"No, no, you can go first."

"Of course not! It's not a hassle at all!"

"I do love your duffel! It's quite stylish."

"How absolutely gorgeous you all are; the boys'll love you!"

That last part had me. Gorgeous? Old woman?

And then, they entered. All four. My heart stopped.

The world stopped spinning, leaving all of us hanging.

>curtains close

Okaaayyy!!! That was Chapter One!
I hope you enjoyed it! I'm kinda new to writing fanfics, so bear with me ;)
Sorry if the beginning was really, really slow, but I had to introduce everyone, and beginnings are always the hardest to do...):
Can you guys comment below on how it was???
It would help me a lot, and if you have any decent criticism, I'd be glad to listen!
So, until next time,
BYE!!!
~omnipotent_shrimp

[Feel free to Comment/Vote/Share/Follow me!!!]
O^O