"Leave everything, just go!" I yelled rushing them. Shortly I could hear their clawing. They were scaling up the mountain, to get into the city.

"Here they come!" I warned everyone. Rushing people around me, I gave up on getting them out of the city. We were out of time. They just needed to be protected.

"Get under! Go to the basements!! Go to the center!" I shouted pushing people. The first robot appeared from under a bridge.

Grabbing my gun from my holster I shot at the robot. The bullets did nothing. Thinking fast, I just raced towards it. Better to be preoccupied with me than someone else. Running towards it, I kneed it, grabbing the back of it's metal neck. Disconnecting some wires, it fell. This was going to be a long day.

Taking out as many robots as I could, I cleared my street. The sounds of the city were a consistent panic, people were screaming, cars and alarms going off, buildings were crumbling. Then something under my feet shook. At first I thought it was an Earth quake. But that would be way too coincidental.

"Did anyone else feel that?" I asked waiting for a reply. I heard the unmistakable sound of rock breaking. Something big was happening. Suddenly we were bring lifted up. The city was rising, separating from the Earth.

Running through the streets I picked off robot stragglers. I figured most of them were concentrated in the middle. I stumbled upon Steve who was being attacked from all around him. I fired my gun at them to get their attention.

"Your gun doesn't do anything!" He grunted ripping a robot's head off.

"Yeah, no shit." I panted out grabbing a pipe and batting it against a bot breaking it. It would have been a home run if we were playing a game. I swung the water pipe around hitting as many robots as I could. As the pipe got dented I jumped up and stabbed it through a robot.

The next bunch of robots started shooting at me. I ducked.

"Anna!" Steve shouted. I looked over my shoulder. He hurled his shield at me. Catching it, I jumped and threw it at the robots smashing them. Steve caught his shield back and jumped over a car and went onto the next bunch.

I used anything I could as a weapon. A few robots ganged up on me. As one came at me swinging at my head. I ducked, grabbed a broken piece of a building and smacked it with it. Throwing the block of cement up, I kicked it into another robot smashing it. Rolling to the ground I snuck up on the other. I ripped it's head off. These suckers were easier to get rid of than they looked. It reminded me that they were just a distraction, not the end.

As the first wave slowly died down, I helped more people into buildings for shelter. Steve's voice came on the com. "The next wave's going to hit any minute. What do you got Stark?"

"Maybe a way to blow up the city. That'll keep it from impacting the city. If you guys can get out of there." Tony answered in mournful tone. Were we going to loose this one?

I stepped back outside looking for the others. I found Natasha and Steve watching the clouds roll by. "I asked for a solution not an escape plan."

"Impact radius is getting bigger every second. We're going to have to make a choice." Tony pressed. I swallowed looking down at the ground. This wasn't over yet.

"Cap, these people are going nowhere." Natasha voiced

Steve glanced over at me. I saw his fingers twitching to reach mine. "I'm not leaving this rock with one civilian on it."

"I didn't say we should leave." Natasha replied in hope of offer some comfort to Steve.

A wilted smile appeared on my face as I thought about the last couple years of my life. We had truly endured through everything. And if this was the end, it was an honor.