14//

Blaze's POV:

"How is she doing?" Reece was worried as hell, and so Was I. The babies were not supposed to be born for atleast a month. That would make them premies. A month ahead.

I know what that means, they should be taken care well.

"She is doing well," I said with my voice trembling. Pearlin is a fighter.

"Just tell me, How is she doing?"

"The doctors said that she has diabetes, the one Dr. Bryan said us about," I was not able to get these words out of me.

"She-" Reece just started crying. She practically broke down. Her knees went weak. "She is going to be alright, Reece," I felt tears running down my eyes.

"Why does she have to go through all this?" Her voice was pale, I didn't know how to comfort her.

"Did they say anything about the babies?"

I told her that since the babies are premies, they are going in for C section. It's a complication in which the baby starts eating its own waste and it's nearly dangerous. So they had to take them out right now. Moreover, Pearlin having diabetes won't make it any easier as they would have to make her blood sugar level come down.

I felt myself falling down.

My babies and my girlfriend are in danger.

Another part of me pinched me. You have to be strong for them.

"Parker, where is Pearlin?" Her aunt and uncle came right in and found me crying. "What is wrong?"

I did n't have any strength to explain anything to her. I just sat dumb founded in the lobby.

Reece told her everything and She hurried to talk to the doctor. After some mutilating moments, she ran towards me.

"They are done with the surgery!" Her aunt hugged me pretty hard to which I coughed for nearly ten seconds. "I'm running there,"

I dashed down the ward door only to see Pearlin lying lifeless on the bed, wearing an oxygen mask and life monitor. She really tried very hard to keep her life with herself, for her children. I could see the continuing lines in the monitor, which was my only hope at that moment.

I examined her raising and falling body, breathing it's way out. Her stomach was flat, which only meant one thing. She has delivered.

Fucking heavens. Where are they? Why am I not given to hold them?

The opposite thought shattered me into million pieces. What if they didn't make it? No, It can't be. They are here somewhere, I could sense them.

I sat on the way to the ICU, crying my eyes out. This feeling, why everyone is leaving me? The one I had shared my life with, now my children?

I wanted her so badly by my side to say that I'm just imagining things and in no time, the nurse would come and hand me them. I wanted her to lend her shoulder to me and say that they are alright. I wanted her to be with me, crying, shoulder to shoulder, letting all our sorrows out.

"Mister, what are you doing here?" I looked up to see a brunette, I had a feeling in my back head that I had met her somewhere. She frowned looking at me and gave her hands to me for support.

"I'm doctor Penn, I belong to paediatrics," She smiled which, wait. Penn, paediatrics, smile of my sister.

The only thing I remember was hugging her with watery-wet eyes, soaking her with all the sorrows and agony I got.

People say God is everywhere. I felt this that day. God still was there, eventhough he had taken my sister from me, he hadn't taken my children from me.

I ran towards the infantry like a maniac whose life depended on it. Actually, it was. I didn't even thank the doctor, or probable God slash my sister. Running breathlessly towards the cubicle, I turned to see the person who had helped me, after striking what an awful person I was. But boom, she vanished into thin air. God it is. I spoke to myself.

I mentally made a note to name my children Jesus. But who names their children Jesus? Maybe his supplement names?

I stepped into the infantry only to be bred with ambushing crawling and puking of Infants all over.

It didn't even take a second to identify my son's cry. I rushed to the last row where they had kept the latest births.

I couldn't believe my eyes. There lied my children. A boy and a girl, Unitedly lying with tangled bedsheets between their arms. Both were wide awake, rolling their tiny-opened eyes. I wanted to grab them both, but they were kept under a violet coloured box.

The boy had his mother's eyes, oh god, the same Paegent blue eyes. The eyes I could never forget. The eyes which I immediately fell in love with. How could I ever forget the night we made them?

That's for another day.

He had tiny arms and I shifted my gaze below his diaper to see his junk. I couldn't sense this feeling, Proud? I had this immediate responsibility, taking it's way climbing my veins. I am going to be there for them.

His pink ear was contrasting to the dark black hair he had. He had my hair. I wondered how a nanometers small cell from my body, travelled to a den and fights with millions of their own species and reaches the summit? Nature.

I averted my gaze into my baby girl. The most awaited moment. Meeting her. My girl.

She was everything to me. She- she- resembled me. She was nothing like her mother except for the hair and the mole. She had mole in her collar bone, just like her mother.

I felt myself tearing up. Water was all across my face and it travelled until it reached the flat area. How could I create something this wonderful? Her fingers were so tiny that I could stuff a million of it into my hands. I wanted to hold her so bad. I already missed her in my arms.

So this is how being a dad feels like. Fatherhood in three words: Responsibility, adorable, weird.

While I was adventuring my new found fatherhood, A nurse came in and stood beside me.

"The girl looks exactly like you," Dammit, I would cross oceans and mountains for that word. My baby girl. "I suppose, the boy takes after his mother?" I slightly nodded and smiled wildly.

That word was enough to give me strength, to finally speak upto Pearlin. That they are mine and I was the guy who she fucked up in Vegas which led her to this.

Eventhough I should be the one that must be mad, In this case, she is gonna be. Reece told me right after the day that Pearlin had confessed to her that I might be the father.

I was sure when I found out Pearlin's necklace in my jacket, which missed the letter P. Further, Reece suggested that I must take the test. This includes her aunt Jenny too.

So, we went behind her back and took the test when she came for the second ultrasound. My life bloomed the moment I saw that positive sign on the report.

The thought both scared and sacred me to the whole.

"I need to take them back to the mother," the nurse said and I backed off from the violet box. "Very well,"

-&-