23

"Goodnight, my sweet girl," Stevie says softly, kissing the top of Jade's head. Carefully climbing out of the bed, she closes the door behind her as she makes her way towards the bedroom. She always gets the biggest suite she can at the hotel, so she usually has two bedrooms. Sharon and Lori have been sharing the second one because Stevie doesn't like being alone, but now they're back in their own rooms.

Lindsey is still in the shower when Stevie climbs into bed, excited to actually get some sleep. She's never been good at sleeping by herself. She's already almost asleep when he gets into bed beside her.

"Do you feel any better?" He asks, wrapping his arm around her waist. She lays her head on his chest, nodding.

"Yeah. I'm so glad you're here," She says, yawning. "Sorry I'm so tired."

"Don't be sorry, baby. I missed you," He smiles, pressing a kiss to the top of her head.

"I missed you, too," Stevie murmurs, the soothing feeling of Lindsey's fingers running through her hair putting her to sleep already. He chuckles lightly. He holds her tighter, and it's only minutes before her breathing evens out and she's asleep.

He looks at her for a few minutes, looking away only when he can't take the feeling of his heart straining. He loves her so much, he can't make sense of it. He can't understand how he could love another person this much.

Lindsey sighs, pulling her in closer and closing his eyes.

~~~~

"How do you feel?" Lindsey asks, laying on his side beside Stevie, his hand running all across her belly.

"Okay," She nods, running her hand through his hair absently. "Better today. She's kicking up a storm right now."

"I can feel it," He chuckles, his palm receiving a few quick kicks. He presses a kiss to her stomach, smiling. "You running out of space in there, kid?"

"Are you calling me fat?"

Lindsey laughs, looking up at her. She's trying hard to contain her giggles. He moves up the bed, laying his head on her pillow.

"Hey," She smiles, resting her forehead against his.

"Hey."

They've hardly had a moment to themselves. Bright and early they had to take a flight, and she had rehearsal tonight before they even set foot in the hotel. She's exhausted, and she wishes more than anything that they could just relax and be together. Jade has been bouncing off the walls trying to catch her up on everything, and it was hard to get her to sleep. She wouldn't trade it for anything, though.

"You're almost done," He says.

"I wouldn't call two months almost done."

"Well, it's better than three."

She snorts, rolling her eyes. "Okay, smart ass."

He laughs, pressing a light kiss to her neck. "Goodnight, angel."

"Night, Linds," She smiles, turning off the lamp on the nightstand. She falls asleep quickly, and he listens to her even breathing in the dark room as his mind wanders. He wonders how Chris is doing with the nursery. Jess and Barbara are going in a few weeks and they'll help Chris finish getting it together so it's ready for Stevie when she comes home. There's a surprise baby shower being planned by Christine, Lori, Sharon and Mary. He hasn't yet been informed of the date, or what he needs to do in order to make it happen, but he's positive they'll give him plenty of notice.

He's still awake two hours later when the bedroom door creaks open. He sits up, helping Jade up into the bed.

"Are you okay?" He whispers, stroking her hair. She nods, climbing over him and curling up against Stevie's side.

"I missed Mommy."

"Okay," He chuckles, pressing a kiss to her forehead. He pulls the blankets up over her, smiling when she lays her head on Stevie's chest. She rubs her little hand across Stevie's belly, tilting her head.

"There's really a baby in there?" She asks, looking up at Lindsey.

"Yeah," He laughs. Jade's eyebrows shoot up to her hairline, and she snatches her hand back.

"What was that?" She shrieks. Stevie's eyes fly open, and she sits up.

"What happened?" She asks, rubbing her eyes.

"Something poked me!" Jade says, pointing to Stevie's stomach. Stevie and Lindsey share an amused look, and Stevie lays down again, pulling Jade into her arms.

"That was the baby kicking."

"What?" Jade cries, wide eyed as she stares at Stevie.

Stevie laughs, closing her eyes. "The baby is growing and moving around in there."

"How?"

"I don't know, but you did it too," Stevie says.

"Really?" Jade gasps. Stevie nods, stroking Jade's hair.

"Mhmm, when you were in my belly. You kicked and turned all around all the time."

Jade seems satisfied with that explanation, and relaxes in Stevie's arms. Lindsey shakes his head, tapping Stevie's hand. She squeezes his fingers, trying to keep the smile off her face.