"Hey class, so as I'm sure you've just heard; we have a new student that will be joining us starting today." She said gaining everyone's attention. I watched as the boy's eyes scanned around the room, before they finally rested on me.

"This is Mr. Alva."

_______

By the time we all finished reading. Megan had our whole class following her down to the back entrance of the building.

When we made our way outside, she led us over to a big field with an obstacle course that stood just above the ground. There was a big pool of water right under it. It almost reminded me of the show "wipe out" just without the moving obstacles trying to throw you off.

The course looked like a big outdoor jungle gym, there were wooden bridges, ropes to climb up on, rock walls and a large circle in the middle of all of it.

"Okay class, here are the rules." Megan started. "Both partners' will be on each side of the field. You are only allowed to walk on and use the obstacle course to get around. If you fall off of it or touch the ground in any way, then we will treat that as one of the way's that you "died". She quoted with her fingers.

"Each of you will also be given your own watch that will track your bodies, heart rates and stress levels. They will tell us when you have passed your limits, and need to stop. Also, remember that if you get hit by the other magic user, your watch will shut down, indicating that the fight is over and that you lost. This practice will determine your grades individually." She finished looking around at us all. "We will be doing these practices for the remainder of the year, helping demonstrate all of the different techniques that we learn in class. Does anyone have any further questions?"

Everyone shook their heads no.

"Alright then let's begin" she clapped her hands together.

We watched as many people paired up and fought against each other. The first people who went was that girl who Megan called Ms. Lee earlier, along with Vanessa. Vanessa ended up winning around the end when she used her fire magic to create a big vortex that surrounded Lee, trapping her. She spun it so fast that the oxygen left Lee causing her to pass out cold on the ground, leaving Vanessa as the winner.

"Good job Vanessa, you got a passing grade!" Megan congratulated her, before writing something down on her clipboard.

I watched as the school's paramedics picked up Lee's unconscious body onto a stretcher, and walked back into the building.

(Picture of Marian Lee below)

"This is going to be brutal." Sebastian said next to me.

"Okay next up is Mr. Anderson and Mr. Alva." Megan shouted towards our group.

I watched as a boy with dirty blonde hair and blue eyes walk forward and up to Megan. She handed him his watch and then started walking to the other end of the obstacle course.