𝑪𝒐𝒎𝒊𝒏𝒈 𝑶𝒖𝒕 | 𝑭𝒂𝒏𝒇𝒊𝒄

𝑪𝒐𝒎𝒊𝒏𝒈 𝑶𝒖𝒕 | 𝑭𝒂𝒏𝒇𝒊𝒄

Percy stood in front of her mom's apartment. It had been a month since she last saw her. She took a deep breath and knocked on the door. There was quick footsteps from the other side of the apartment, they stopped soon in front of the door. The door opened, revealing a woman shorter than Percy, with a welcoming smile on her face.

"Percy, how are you?" she asked, letting Percy come in. Percy responded with a quiet 'I'm good', walking into her mom's living room and sitting on her couch.

"Is everything alright, dear?" Sally was worried about her child.

"I'm fine, mom. I just have to tell you something..." Percy trailed off, scared to tell her mom.

The thought seemed funny to her. She was scared to tell her mom about her feelings about herself when she supported her through everything that happened.

She almost laughed at it. Suddenly, the atmosphere changed. The apartment had a slight dark red hue running around the walls. Percy's mom was no longer looking at her. She turned her back to her.

"You disappoint me, Perseus." the name sent shivers down her spine.

Sally turned around, and when Percy saw her, time seemed to stop. She was all bloody, her face leaking black and red tears. She seemed... like liquid.

The thought terrified Percy. Maybe her mom being dissapointed in her isn't as bad if she's alive. She couldn't imagine her being dead.

"Mom?" she finally asked, her voice betraying her. (funny, even his voice betrayed her. just like...)

"You are no daughter of mine!" she yelled, slapping Percy on the cheek. It took Percy back to the good ol' days with Smelly Gabe (note the sarcasm).

"W-... what?" Percy cried out, putting her hand on her mom's shoulder.

"You aren't my daughter. You are my son, P-"

≪•◦ ❈ ◦•≫

"-ercy!" yelled a voice, snapping her out of her slumber.

"Huh? What's going on?" asked Percy, not remembering her dream nor where she was. She looked around, and saw she was in her cabin at Camp.

"Why am I here?" Percy asked, not expecting an answer, forgetting another person was in the room.

"You sleepwalked. Or, I guess, sleep vapor traveled." answered a voice coming from Percy's left. She turned, looking at the source of the voice.

It was Annabeth. Her amazing, smart, beautiful girlfriend. She sighed, looking at her lovingly. "And you got here, how?" she asked.

Annabeth laughed. "I took a taxi." she said, smiling at Percy. Percy smiled back, then frowned, remembering her dream.

"What's wrong, Percy?" Annabeth asked, seeing her frown. Percy sighed. "I had a dream..." she winced, looking down at the blanket covering her.

"A... demigod dream?" Annabeth froze. Percy shook her head. "A nightmare." Percy choked out, on the verge of tears.

The betrayal of her mom, hurt her. Even if it was just a dream. Something that made them wonder though... why did she feel like everything betrayed her?

Did they not support her? The thought made Percy even more sad.

She was snapped out of her thoughts by Annabeth hugging her. She smiled. It was a nice feeling, getting hugged. "Wait... what about college?!" Percy exclaimed, pushing Annabeth away from her to look her in the face.

Annabeth laughed. "Don't worry, Seaweed Brain. It was Friday night when you left. It's Sunday right now." she explained. Percy sighed 'Thank the Gods' under her breath.

"Oh, by the way. Jason invited us to a hang out yesterday. It's in an hour." Annabeth smiled. Percy grinned, she kinda missed Jason.

"Who's gonna be there?" she asked, excited. "Piper, Leo, Thalia, Reyna, Nico and Will. Maybe Lynn comes too." the blonde exclaimed. Percy looked at her. "Who's Lynn?" she asked, never hearing the name before.

"Oh, they're a new camper, child of Nemesis. They came here about two months ago." Annabeth smiled. Percy raised an eyebrow. "They?" she questioned. Annabeth nodded.

"Lynn uses they/them pronouns. They're genderqueer." she elaborates. "Oh, cool." Percy replied, in thought. If Annabeth was fine with Lynn being genderqueer, then maybe she'd be fine with Percy being trans. Right?

"Uh, Annie. I have, uh, something to tell you..." Percy whispered. "Yes?" Annabeth looked at Percy, smiling. "Whatever it is, I won't judge. Is it about your nightmare?" she asked carefully, not wanting to hurt Percy. Percy's nightmares were known to be brutal.

Percy nodded. "I, uh, I guess." she mumbled. Annabeth nodded, putting her hand on Percy's shoulder. "You can tell me, don't worry Percy."

"I, uhm." Annabeth nodded, trying to encourage Percy. "I'm trans..." Percy whispered, in a quiet voice Annabeth could barely hear her.

"I'm proud of you, Percy." Annabeth kissed Percy's cheek. She looked Percy in the eyes and smiled. "Oh, sorry. Do I still call you Percy?" she asked. Percy nodded. "But if you can use she/her pronouns, maybe?" Percy asked.

Annabeth nodded looking at her girlfriend. "Gods, this is going to take some time to get used to." the blonde smiled. Percy looked at her, taking in her smile and support. She smiled, so wide that her face hurt, and kissed Annabeth.

--------------------------line break--------------------------
ran out of ideas and motivation-
istg this is so cringe

if part 2 is requested I will make it

_________ ׂׂૢ་༘࿐
Hello :)
Author here

My name is Nico or River (I go by many other names, pls don't mind that-)

This is my first oneshot/story published, though not edited. I'll try to edit it as soon as possible but school is a bitch so-
yeah.

Anyways, if you liked this story, let me know. I worked hard on it.

🎉 You've finished reading _________ ׂׂૢ་༘࿐𝑪𝒐𝒎𝒊𝒏𝒈 𝑶𝒖𝒕 | 𝑭𝒂𝒏𝒇𝒊𝒄 🎉