Ah, Poems!

Pete: Hi GC, here is my new submission for inclusion in our awesome publication, I hope you don't mind, but this is a series of three poems. [Pete rustles through his bag and pulls out three scruffy pages]

GC (God Cat): [Sniffing the air] "Ah, poems! An interesting choice for a creature with such limited lives. What made you think poetry would appease my grandeur?"

Pete: "GC, these poems reflect deep thoughts on space, divinity, and confrontation. I believe they capture the essence of life's mysteries, complexities, and challenges. Plus, I thought a switch in medium might pique your feline curiosity."

GC: [Slowly blinking, a sign of approval] "Your first poem, 'Mirrors,' orbits around contemplation and acceptance in the face of the vast unknown. It's... intriguing. But the repetition, while clever, can be construed as laziness. However, I might overlook it because of the cyclical nature of the narrative."

Pete: "Thank you, GC. It's meant to reflect the infinite loop of existential questions we face."

GC: "Hm, I caught that. Now, 'God & Golem,' a daring exploration of the boundaries between divinity and machine. While it dives deep, I find the audacity of comparing me, a divine entity, to... [shivers] machines a tad distasteful."

Pete: "It wasn't a direct comparison to you, GC, but more an exploration of how humans view the divide between creation and creator."

GC: "[Tail twitching] I'll allow it. But tread carefully. . . As for 'Jagen,' a tale of pursuit, vengeance, and defiance. It hints at the primal nature of beings, both human and otherwise. It's... captivating. It gets my whiskers twitching in anticipation."

Pete: "I'm glad you appreciated the underlying tones in 'Jagen'. Revenge and the primal nature of the hunt seemed a cool subject for a poem."

GC: "[Stifling a yawn] Very well. For their depth and variety, I grant you permission to include these in our anthology. But remember, as much as you dance with words, never forget to pay homage to me, your omnipotent feline overseer."

Pete: Thanks GC, you're the greatest.

GC: "Something I don't know. Please."

Mirrors

By Peter Glen

"Space."
"What do you see?"
"I'm still searching, hard as I can."
"Then imagine finding. Or, dream of being found."
"Even under the gaze of so many eyes, I'd still be too small."
"To the stars, everything is small. You must move to be seen.
"Hiding here, alone, they'll never find you. Not ever."
"I'm not leaving. The stars know where I am."
"You can't escape if you don't run.
"I'm not running."