Prologue: Revenge

Third person pov;

Echoey footsteps can be heard in the hallway, the lights were dim and flickery. This hospital was very old according to the new generation. Blue eyes darted around the door numbers with a frown on his face, his heart rate increased and started heading right towards the room where one of the patients stayed. His hands were shaking uncontrollably as his eyes were wide open, the coolness of this place sent shivers down his spine like a caress of a ghosty hand. Something is wrong with him, what was he doing?

The Blue-eyed man rooted in place, his hand trembling as it approached the door handle. He pressed it down cautiously and pushed the door open, revealing the room where one of the patients was confined. His father's words echoed in his mind, a relentless haunting that had kept him awake countless nights, all revolving around a single question. 'Do you really think that's the best decision to make?' His concerned father couldn't contain himself from the amount of times he warned his son about the consequences of his actions. But he never seemed to care as his mother was his only source of happiness. 'What if' questions kept haunting him again and again. And all he could do was fantasize about it day and night.

But tonight is going to be the last night.

The Blue-eyed man's ears are filled with an ear-piercing scream, like the sound of a siren echoing through the night. The noise pierces through his skull and resonates inside his bones, making him feel as if his head is about to explode as if he is trapped in a world of endless pain and suffering. The sound seems to get louder and louder, making his eardrums throb and his heart race. He closes his eyes and tries to block out the deafening noise, but it seems to be coming from inside his head, a constant reminder of his fear and helplessness. Yet again the memory and thought of his cousin's words made him rage, like knives of curiosity striking his back making him bleed out for answers.

'W-why did you pull out her life support?! H-how did you know she was g-going to survive or d-die?!'

'She died, Naruto. There is nothing you can do now about it'

Naruto stepped forward closing the door shut behind him, his ears noticing a new source of noise as he walked towards the bed where the red-haired man lay on top helplessly through his one-week coma, his body was pale and skinny as many bandages were wrapped around his body tightly to stop the blood from flowing out of his little wounds. As he walked closer to the bed, his mind was filled with evil thoughts and the sounds of the heart monitor beating echoed through his ears.

It irritated him.

The sound was too loud.

A big life support machine had many connecting tubes and the most important one of them all was the oxygen mask on his face, Naruto stood next to the bed staring at him with no mercy in his eyes. He had no intentions of visiting him late at night, his eyes darted around the room gaping at the camera in the corner with a wide smirk on his face.

Nothing can stop him.

Nothing can get in his way.

"Remember when I cried on the floor for weeks begging you not to pull the life support from mom's body and you still did it?" Naruto's shaky voice spoke loudly and clearly no introduction is needed as he didn't have any time to waste, he knew Nagato couldn't hear him anyway, but there was something wrong with him at this moment, revenge consumed his mind as he stared down at his cousin's weak body with satisfaction and anger. The Blond couldn't stand that look on his face, he hated the way he was still breathing when he was the reason his mother stopped.

Naruto took a step forward and leaned in placing his shaky hands on the top of the bed while looking down at the Red-haired man's closed eyes ready to pull the oxygen mask off his face. The Blond clenched his fists, fighting the urge to punch him till he was dead for good. Nagato was helpless laying on the bed breathing soundly as if the Blond didn't even exist. Naruto always threatened him back in the days but Nagato didn't believe anything like that from a child like him. He was young-too young to threaten someone as old as him.