"Good morning class! My name is Ms. Ryder. Welcome to your first day in my class." She peered around looking at everyone. "I wish I could say that I was impressed but I can already tell that we have a lot of work to do before any of you graduate next year."

Just then her eyes fell back on me. I stared blankly trying not to show that her stare made me nervous. Her eyes lingered a bit longer before she spoke.

"This was also a test to see if any of you noticed me. There was only one of you that did. The rest of you failed, so with the exception of that one person, you all start my class off at 60%."

This made the whole class groan in annoyance.

"Are you kidding me?" A boy at the front said.

"What a bitch." Someone else said. Just then I watched as her expression instantly hardened.

"You, get out of my class! That language will not be tolerated. Take your things and go to the headmaster's office." Ms. Ryder said to the boy that called her a bitch. He sat frozen in place. He had shoulder length auburn hair, with glasses and a scruffy face.

"But-"

"You heard me the first time, get out. You will be transferred to a different class, or if you wouldn't prefer that then please by all means just drop out." She cut him off, pointing towards the door. 

I heard some giggles from around the room. 

Watching as the boy muttered something under his breath before reluctantly grabbing his stuff and making his way towards the door, slamming it as he did so.

"Anyone that has anything else they would like to add may join him." 

Everyone was quick to shake their heads no causing her to smirk before her eyes fell back onto me.

"You, what's your name?" She pointed, just then the whole room's eyes were turned on me. 

You would think in this type of situation I would show how nervous I really was, but I always liked surprising people, myself included. 

Instead, I stood up out of my chair with confidence that matched her own and smiled.

"Ellie Moon ma'am."

Everyone gasped in shock, the room now sitting in dead silence for a minute before filling up with excited chatter.

"She's THE Ellie Moon."

"This is going to be the best year of my life."

"Two hottiest and they're both famous." I heard people talking from all around.

I saw Ms. Ryder's lips open slightly showing she wasn't expecting that answer. 

 I watched as she quickly regained her composure, her lips now turned upward into a tiny smirk. 

"Well Ms. Moon. Congratulations. You are the only one to pass my first test."

***

The bell rang ending first period. The whole class period ended up being introductions and what we specialized in. When it was my turn all I said was my name, age, and things that I liked to do. I never once shared anything about my powers. No one really seemed to notice other than Ms. Ryder. 

She looked like she was trying to read me but eventually gave up at one point. I could tell that she was trying to pry into my mind to find out anything. But me being the person I am, noticed, and blocked her out. I couldn't let anyone find out too much about it, I would have to be careful around her.

I slowly gathered my things together and placed them into my bag, being one of the last people to start leaving the room.

"Ms. Moon. can I please speak with you for a moment?" I turned to see Ms. Ryder with an expectant look on her face. Nodded I walked up towards her desk.

"What can I do for you Ms.?" I asked, giving her a curious look, I could see the cogs turning in her eyes as if she was trying to figure something out.

"You never shared what you specialized in earlier, I was just wondering why?" She squinted at me, a light frown playing at the edge of her lips. 

"I really don't talk about it if I'm being completely honest." Saying this caused her to raise her eyebrow. 

"And why is that." She questioned, making me instantly sigh. She was not going to let me get away that easily I realized.

I did my best to resist the urge to start playing with my fingers, feeling the nerves from eariler begin to bubble to the surface.  I closed my eyes for a brief moment and counted to three, then breathed out. Slowly opening them to be met with her expectant ones. 

"Well as I'm sure you are aware; people have been trying to find out that answer for years. And it's honestly just something I like to keep to myself." I breathed out, watching as she slowly nodded her head, seeming deep in thought.

"You know..." She paused.  "You are the first person that has ever seen me while being invisible before." A playful look beginning to appear on her face. I was surprised, she suddenly didn't seem like my teacher, just a normal girl. 

I smiled at her comment, an idea suddenly popping into my head.

 I didn't notice before but the more time I spent this close to her I finally realized something. The burning question I've had since I first arrived here. 

"Tell you what, I'll make a deal with you."