05 - Five - Sam Wood's Point Of View.

Three days, a large box of condoms, and countless knottings. I left before Reid had a chance to wake up and we could discuss the events. I had missed a day of work while tending to his rut cycle. Calling in sick, though, that would crumble the minute Doctor Connell and my coworkers caught the scent oozing from my skin. His pheromone marking.

I got back to my apartment around three a.m and slept for a few hours before showering and trying to scrub the scent off the best I could. Sitting in the parking lot, I was enjoying my last few moments before heading inside. This morning I answered endless texts from my parents and siblings. I meant to call and fill someone in, but Reid and his unmedicated rut made that impossible. The man fucked me on every surface of his home when we were not eating and sleeping.

Taking a deep breath and sucking it up. I went inside. Doctor Connell was at the front desk speaking with a nurse. "Did you go into a rut? You never take—-" he took a deep breath "You smell like—-"

"Don't even say it." I muttered. My scrubs did little to hide the bites and hickies on my neck. He followed me into my office, the smile on his face aggravating me.

"So, how did it happen?"

"Doctor Connell—-"

"He really did a good job scent marking you. What did he do? Lick you from head to toe?"

"Close the door, then I'll tell you."

"Good, you should. I had to work overtime and with another doctor from another department. Because you were having the time of your life with that massive Alpha," he complained, getting up and closing the door.

"His brother, Oak, called me while I was with my parents at their place for dinner. He was alarmed and concerned about Reid. He said he hadn't seen him or heard from him and that he figured it was a rut problem, so he sent me the address. I went to check it out, but he and his parents handed me to a dominant Alpha with excessive pheromone disorder. The smell coming off my skin is not because he licked me from head to toe, it's because he knotted in me several times."

"You didn't use condoms?" Doctor Connell asked.

"He broke through pretty much every single one!" I yelled, my feelings of annoyance and frustration bursting out.

"Did you spend your entire weekend and yesterday with him?"

"Yes," I muttered, pulling my doctor's coat on, and hearing Doctor Connell gasp. "He left a lot of marks," I sighed.

"He left many visible bites on you, Sam," Doctor Connell said, his eyes showing concern. "Did you clean the bites that broke your skin?"

"He licked them and—-"

"Ah, he really scent marked you, huh?"

"Yeah."

"Did he say anything when you left?" he asked.

"No. He didn't get the opportunity. I left while he was sleeping early this morning, like three a.m."

"Sam! You left? Are you nuts? Did his pheromones rot your damned brain?"

"I didn't have much of a choice," I hissed.

"That man is going to hunt you down like a fucked up game of tag. You ran away from a dominant Alpha. If he liked anything about this weekend, you're screwed."

I didn't need to be told this. It was dominant Alpha behaviour. I knew this. If they weren't the ones to end something, then it was hardly over.

"Why did I agree?" I hissed.

"Oh well. It happened. Hopefully, it was a decent experience for you," he said, standing up and heading to the door, pausing. "Hey, I don't know the last time you yourself had a rut, but don't be all that surprised when yours hits you in the next little while."