Chapter 10 | Respect

━━━━━━༺༻ ━━━━━━
Chapter 10:
━━━━━━༺༻ ━━━━━━

"Where's Zenitsu?" Y/n stopped walking and a confused look set itself on her face, the air filling with an awkward silence as they exchanged glances with each other.

"Ughh..." A groan was heard from Nobara and a click of a tongue from Sanemi, they turned around to face them.

"Just where did that idiot go? Is he lost again?" An exasperated sigh escaped Nobara's lips, Sanemi secretly agreeing with her. As they talked among themselves to know about the mystery in his sudden disappearance, Tanjiro perked up as he caught a familiar scent.

"?"

Tanjiro took one more sniff to make sure and once he was, he tapped Y/n on the shoulder. "Y/n-san, I can smell Zenitsu from that alleyway." Of course, Y/n was confused on what this meant before Nobara quickly filled her up with the fact that the trio has a certain sense this is heightened and Y/n nodded at this.

Y/n looked back to Tanjiro and smiled, "Well? Kindly lead the way, Tanjiro-kun."

"A-ah, yes!" Immediately, Tanjiro took his steps toward a certain alley and the group
followed behind him.

Her face turned serious as soon as Tanjiro turned around, brows furrowing in suspicion and concern.

'Is it what I think it is...?' Without warning, Y/n took off and entered the alley ahead of them. Concern filled up her eyes, visible with the glint covering her e/c.

As soon as they entered the alley, the feeling of dread and danger drowned their senses. They all stood there in silence, some with a lump on their throat as they inspected the situation before them.

The Hashiras narrowed their eyes, calculating any possible outcomes on this fight.

The—for now a duo—darted their eyes back and forth to Zenitsu and the unknown being in front of them.

"HAH??! What the hell is that thing?! Gross!" Inosuke loudly grimaced, diving into action as he raised his blade to its neck.

Tanjiro stood alarmed, raising his hand to warn him, "Inosuke!- Eh?" He stared with his mouth agape before running towards Inosuke, its head cleanly chopped off as it rolls towards Zenitsu.

"Eek!!" Zenitsu shrieked.

"Inosuke! That was neatly done!" Tanjiro praised the shining boar as he exhaled through his boar hide while the others can only look at their interaction dumbfounded.

"Hmp! Praise me more, Kantero."
"Inosuke, Inosuke!"

The Hashiras let out a sigh before sheathing their blades. Their guards now lowered that the enemy has been eradicated.

But, an unforeseen occurrence happened before them as the creature stood still.  It moved closer to the light, giving them a clear view that it wasn't turning to ashes.

Sanemi widened his eyes, intrigued and shock all the same time, "The fuck..?!" He whispered-yelled. He stood with a defensive stance; legs apart, hunched over, and hands holding his katana once again. His face looked troubled, but he was smirking nonetheless.

The creature in front of them had a murky, ugly appearance. It lacked eyeballs, only leaving shallow eye sockets. Its malicious aura was well-acknowledged by the group, and its scent made Tanjiro feel nauseous and his stomach twisting intensely with dislike. It's different from the all demons he has ever encountered in the past.

Now that he took a better sniff, he had never smelt something so...

...maliciously evil.

"————" It produced an alien-like sound. The same sound that Zenitsu heard and led them to this mess; Let's just say curiosity kills the cat. Hearing it much closer, Zenitsu's ear began to hurt.